Suspension kit upgrade suggestions for '03 Mustang V6

Jman2025

Reaction score
I'm looking to change my Shocks and Struts on my 2003 Mustang V6 very soon as they're pretty old, but I'm overwhelmed with the amount of choices for kits there are. Just hoping for some suggestions. Currently on a budget, so I'm not looking for something super expensive, just the best bang for my buck (I'll eventually put a badass kit on it, just not now). I wanted it to be closer to stock height, or at the very least adjustable as I have plans to get a 265/285 staggered setup in the near future. Right now, I just have 225/55r16s on it, its stock size.

Warhorse Racing

Reaction score
@Warhorse Racing - What do you have for suspension in your V6 car?
@white95 Thanks for pointing me to this thread.

My V6 has an IRS, but I have a lot of experience with SRA Mustangs too. It's not hard to make any SN95 Mustang handle much better than stock on a budget, it all comes down to eliminating the "factory-installed" flaws.

@Jman2025, how do you plan on using the car? Is this a street car, autocross car, or track car? There are subtle, but important differences for each type of driving. I've suggested autocross "recipes" for people with all sorts of budgets, so I can recommend parts if I know your goals and how much you're looking to spend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online