Suspension noises

07GtS197

Reaction score
For anyone thats helped me out in the past thank you. I think I found one issue but I wont know until friday when I can get under it. I uploaded a video of this creeking noise when turning. The ball joints seem fine with no play and I cant find play in any other components. Maybe it would be easier to find play if the a arms have a little support from a jack? Heres the video of the noise.

https://youtu.be/CWmXAtjqCGo

Now the other noise was a tapping sound at things like startup and going over steep bumps. It started doing it today while idling in a parking spot so now Im thinking its a seperate issue and may be the exhaust hitting the car. It looks like the passenger down pipe is really close to the a arm mount. Heres a video of that noise. If you listen closely you can hear it on startup.

https://youtu.be/5k3Y4rv2Bdo

torreyc

Reaction score
I had the same problem. There are two metal sleeves that hold the steering rack on.

OP
OP
07GtS197

07GtS197

Reaction score
So the bushings are bad? I replaced the fronts with poly ones but I didnt have a slide hammer to get the sleeves off to take the rears out. Could that be it? I can feel slack being tightened up when my wheel is close to or at the left or right lock and I start moving it back to center and have a slight wander. Did you notice any of that?

torreyc

Reaction score
So the bushings are bad? I replaced the fronts with poly ones but I didnt have a slide hammer to get the sleeves off to take the rears out. Could that be it? I can feel slack being tightened up when my wheel is close to or at the left or right lock and I start moving it back to center and have a slight wander. Did you notice any of that?
Na its the metal sleeves that hold the steering rack on that causes the creaking

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Thank that someone mentioned it. I had mine replaced with maximum motorsport bushings but the sleeves are original. I would get occasional pop every once in while when the car is stationary, but it doesn't make any noise when the car is in motion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online