OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
man thats really sweet dal.

So with the torque arm and pan hard bar, you won't need those upper control arms right? so it just works off the t-arm/panhard/and lowers?

So i was going to replace all the bushings in my car when i put the new shocks/struts and springs in and was wondering what you thought about the poly bushings on the upper control arm? I just need to replace them all since they are bad and squikes,pops, and all kinda noices and body roll like a mother. Anyway, since they are all in a kit i thought i might go with that.

On the k member i was thinking of swapping a tubular one in and keeping the spring set up with a spring perch. i saw one in summit or jegs that looks nice but i can't remember the name. Is the QA1 any good?

Sorry for all this but i'm trying to get this stuff lined up for my car then i can worry with the 5.4 2v swap :)

Thanks VoidFinger.
There's some info on the upper control arm flaws back in this thread. If yours are shot, you should swap with stock or FRPP, because they take into acount the bind. other solids will cause bind, so I"d stay away!

Qa1 is pretty good. MM is better for ride quality but costs a little more.
The MM has moved their pivots on the A-arms up an inch or so, so you get a nice lowered ride height without suffering from negative travel, causing a harsh ride when it's lowered. QA1 is what's in my car.

the torque arm replaces the upper control arms making the rear a 3-link instead of a 4-link.
the axle pivots on the front of the rod, basically a big trangle. zero bind, excellent roll transfer, and zero axle deflection when paired up with the Panhard. There's more info on MM's site. It's basically the best setup for ride and handling, and has huge benefits with straigtling acceleration and corner exit acceleration.

How's your build coming?

voidfinger

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
voidfinger said:
man thats really sweet dal.

So with the torque arm and pan hard bar, you won't need those upper control arms right? so it just works off the t-arm/panhard/and lowers?

So i was going to replace all the bushings in my car when i put the new shocks/struts and springs in and was wondering what you thought about the poly bushings on the upper control arm? I just need to replace them all since they are bad and squikes,pops, and all kinda noices and body roll like a mother. Anyway, since they are all in a kit i thought i might go with that.

On the k member i was thinking of swapping a tubular one in and keeping the spring set up with a spring perch. i saw one in summit or jegs that looks nice but i can't remember the name. Is the QA1 any good?

Sorry for all this but i'm trying to get this stuff lined up for my car then i can worry with the 5.4 2v swap :)

Thanks VoidFinger.
There's some info on the upper control arm flaws back in this thread. If yours are shot, you should swap with stock or FRPP, because they take into acount the bind. other solids will cause bind, so I"d stay away!

Qa1 is pretty good. MM is better for ride quality but costs a little more.
The MM has moved their pivots on the A-arms up an inch or so, so you get a nice lowered ride height without suffering from negative travel, causing a harsh ride when it's lowered. QA1 is what's in my car.

the torque arm replaces the upper control arms making the rear a 3-link instead of a 4-link.
the axle pivots on the front of the rod, basically a big trangle. zero bind, excellent roll transfer, and zero axle deflection when paired up with the Panhard. There's more info on MM's site. It's basically the best setup for ride and handling, and has huge benefits with straigtling acceleration and corner exit acceleration.

How's your build coming?

Its coming ok i guess, every time i get some money something bad seems to happen to my car though :( , but thats to be exspected i guess. I'm in the process of putting new shocks/struts,springs,and bushings on there to try and fix the suspention. I probably need to get a bump stear too. But i got a guy that is selling me a 99 or 2000 5.4 2v for like 4 or 5 hundred busks. So after that its just some adapter plates for the intake, mod the exaust, and get a tune and i'm on the road with a 275 or so hp and 350 up torque :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online