suspension upgrades list ?

xs man 27

Reaction score
I m looking into changing out my suspension and wanted to know what other goodies being the springs and struts and shocks are gonna be out what else I should get and what company that make good bushing and any other parts I should replace ? currently when I bought my car I was told it has kyb struts , bullit rear shocks, tokiko springs, steeds upper and lower control arms. I bought a new set of staggered saleens I m going to put on in the spring time,, depending on how its gonna look with my current set up I was thinkin about putting in h&r super sport springs and get the better looking stance.. if I am going to replace the springs,, what other bushings and parts are good to get now and replace ? being the car is getting to be twenty years old I know some things are worn out and making some chunky sounds.... other question is to remove or replace isolaters ?

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
front control arm bushings, sway bar end links, caster/camber plates... anything from Maximum Motorsports is good and I'm partial to them. can't go wrong with the H&R supersports either.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You can either get new isolators if you want to minimize noise and get that tiny fraction of comfort or ditch them and enjoy the stance.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Not trying to jack the thread, and this is probably a dumb question but can't help it if I don't know....what are spring isolators? Lol

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not trying to jack the thread, and this is probably a dumb question but can't help it if I don't know....what are spring isolators? Lol

They're condoms for springs :laugh:

img_3985.jpg

Win

Legend
Reaction score
front control arm bushings, sway bar end links, caster/camber plates... anything from Maximum Motorsports is good and I'm partial to them. can't go wrong with the H&R supersports either.

Since these cars are getting older i think i would do the Hubs bearing also. I know i have a set of New Hub assemblys for when i do my Suspension. Just a thought of course.

Edit : Sorry i meant for the fronts i forgot to specify.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd recommend tokico struts and eibach springs.
Replace front control arms, rear lower and upper control arms with aftermarket ones. Depends on the goal of your car, but any aftermarket ones will be nice. Use brand name bushings. MM CC plates too.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I'd recommend tokico struts and eibach springs.
Replace front control arms, rear lower and upper control arms with aftermarket ones. Depends on the goal of your car, but any aftermarket ones will be nice. Use brand name bushings. MM CC plates too.

I hope your meaning something other then tokico blues?!?!?!?!?!!!!!! They'll blow out with sportlines....

Also for a 20yr old car hub bearing should be a must!!!!

Caboose302

Reaction score
I hope your meaning something other then tokico blues?!?!?!?!?!!!!!! They'll blow out with sportlines....

What's wrong with the blues? I have a 3" drop and the car has had blues for the past 2 years and I haven't had any issues.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i always suggest flushing the power steering system while everything is apart... cheap and easy while you're under there...

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Usually you get a good deal one buying LCA and UCA together, I think they're worth doing.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Keep the rear upper CAs... Or if you are replacing them, put a new set of plain rubber bushings where the CAs connect to the pumpkin. Everything else can be Poly.
And I would replace the isos with poly ones and just be done with it.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Since these cars are getting older i think i would do the Hubs bearing also. I know i have a set of New Hub assemblys for when i do my Suspension. Just a thought of course.

Edit : Sorry i meant for the fronts i forgot to specify.

I would hope people know only the front has hub assemblies lol BUT ya never know!

Sent from my SCH-I605

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
thanks for all the replys the stance on my car is ok previous owner installed tokiko springs with kyb and bullit struts and shocks not too long ago.. however the ride is pretty rough and makes your typical mustang creeps and sounds.. I wanna do some re search and get a laundry list of all new suspension parts and in the spring time when I install my new staggered wheels I ll have a fresh suspension. my number one question is the springs I have now that previous owner installed springs website says it drops 1.25 all around.. now I m sure they are settled now my main question is do you think I will notice a big difference in drop if I install H&R super sport springs to the tokiko I have now ? If Its not going to be a very drastic drop than i can take out the isos if they are not taken out already and any other options to get a lower stance like H&R SS ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online