Suspension??

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I know there are some guyts converting from a facotry 4 link to a 3 link with a panhard bar. My question is how come this is better than a four link with new parts? If I got new upper and lower control arms wouldn't this hook better than converting to a 3 link>? When you back half a car your building a custom 4 link so it'd make sense to stay with a 4 link right? I need some input thanx

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I'm glad you chimed in because I know you've done you're homework dalamar brotha. Now the 2 link is the best suspension in terms of handling and drag launches or just a compromise of the 2>

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
check reply #3

http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=1081.0

Ya know if you'r ONLY doing drag launches, you can go all solid and get stiff shocks and all that to take the grunt of hard launches.

BUT,
If you want the suspension to also articulate, corner carve, take dips, basically street performance, a full Drag set up causes major bind, and in most cases will damage the torque box of the car with higher HP levels. Upper mounts are flawed. they will bind under torque and blow out bushings and/ or warp the sheet metal of the car "the torque box"

That's as easy as I can explain it. This info came from MM and other suspension expert sites, so you know it's not my opinion.

If your only dragging it, go drag beefy, but if your also going to street the car, 3-link is Best.

One major benefit of a panhard and torque arm is there is almost 0 axle deflection. This provides a quick, straigth launch, and minimizes wheel spin since the axle isn't shifting to the side. It also allow's you to hit the throttle right out of a corner, even before you're out - where with a 4-link you would slide out.

Damnit, I wanna drive my car.

Good luck, ask up if you've got more questions. :banana:

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
thanx I understand better now. I guess I got confused when I was researcing on my own and reading about four links in general that wasn't mustang specific. thanx dal and ryclef.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
A mustangs trailing arm setup is is NOT a true 4 link.

www.baselinesuspensions.com <----You want to hook, read here. The best mustang suspension sight.

Explain what you mean about a trailing arm.

Is that baseline stuff mainly for drag racing?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online