SVE S1 Seats

riored4v

Reaction score
I have them. They are not bad for the money. I did cut the seatbelt bracket off to get them in my 1995 gts. I was planning on saving up for a nice set of seats and just decided to give these a try. They bolted up fine. They stay put and don't jiggle in the slides. The stitching is ok but not perfect. Im 6'2" 210lbs and have broad shoulders and I wear 33" pants. My waste fits nicely but my shoulders are a bit to wide for them. They are stiff but comfortable. The material seems durable. The red stitching worked for me because my car is red.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. How is the height on them? I'm 6'4" so that has been concern for me as well. Sounds like it would be a pretty snug fit for me in the waist area as well since i'm a 38. I have broad shoulders as well... so for you, are you uncomfortable or seated funny in the shoulder area, or is it just snug? It's not my DD though so as long as they would be comfortable enough for short cruises I'd be okay with them.

Any idea how they compare to the Focus ST seats regarding fitment?

rw95gt

Reaction score
Not sure how they compare to the focus seats. They sit lower than my stock seats and they are comfortable to me. I have a little room in the waste and could stand them to be more narrow and still fit me. The shoulder area on the seats don't push me forward or anything but my shoulders do hit the seats first. I definitely wouldn't want them any tighter in the shoulders.

Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Tapatalk

RobbinsSr

Reaction score
I just installed these in my car this week. I like them a lot with the exceptions of having to modify the bracket to lower the seat about an inch or so. they sat up higher than my stock seats. the other problem is they lean back to far for my liking, so I'm working on a fix for that. I want a harness bar anyway so I'm thinking maybe that with a seat back brace might work. But the seam to be well made.

ponyboy88

Reaction score
I have these in my 95 convertible and have two complaints. Like robbinsSr said, the seats sit more reclined then I would like and the lever to slide the seat forward and backwards sticks awfully far out. I'm thinking of making a head support that fits into the belt slot for long drives as this is my driver more often then not. My Other car has no heat and hydroplanes bad in the wet. I also think with that kind of use they will wear out quick, but for the price the were perfect to cover me a couple years. Anything over 36 waist is going to get real tight, but they'll break in.

oXeAiZb.jpg

riored4v

Reaction score
I just installed these in my car this week. I like them a lot with the exceptions of having to modify the bracket to lower the seat about an inch or so. they sat up higher than my stock seats. the other problem is they lean back to far for my liking, so I'm working on a fix for that. I want a harness bar anyway so I'm thinking maybe that with a seat back brace might work. But the seam to be well made.

What did you do to lower the bracket? That's probably my only complaint with them especially with me somewhat tall.

RobbinsSr

Reaction score
I feet off and welded the front one back on just strait and the rear just bolted down through the main plate with a few washers to space it up

PinkieT

Reaction score
A lot of the cheap aftermarket seats have a slider lock on one side of the seat base only. That won't pass dragstrip tech inspections. I like this kind where it locks in both sides of the slider instead of one. That, at least, is one area where these beat the Summit seats...

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I never noticed how far the slider bar stuck out. Are you just supposed to push it with your foot with it out that far?

riored4v

Reaction score
I feet off and welded the front one back on just strait and the rear just bolted down through the main plate with a few washers to space it up

Do you happen to have any pictures? I might try to see if a buddy with a welder could do this for me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online