SVO intake manifold questions

Akurma

Reaction score
I just found a deal online local to me for a SVO 4.6 intake manifold for $300. The guy currently has it on a new edge GT so a PI motor. Did these come matched to PI heads or will it need to be ported? I keep seeing conflicting information, some sites say they were only for the npi or SVO heads. others say they were also made for PI heads? The guy who is selling it said he is unsure as he bought the car this way and hasn't taken it off yet.

Screenshot_20210222-091444.png Screenshot_20210222-091437.png

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
If its svo then its a npi shaped port. Being an aluminum intake and possibilities of extra material around the ports, it is possible the ports may have been cut out to match pi opening. Or its an opportunity for you to port match to your pi port. These are just ideas.

So get a good look at it before purchase.

Ill also add the quickest quarter mile 2v to date ran svo heads! Meaning npi port shape, because rules in his race class disqualified for porting, such as port matching to a pi shape.

If it were me, being a modular motor collector nut, and i had a spare $300 for a "collector piece", id grab it. But thats me.

OP
OP
Akurma

Akurma

Reaction score
If its svo then its a npi shaped port. Being an aluminum intake and possibilities of extra material around the ports, it is possible the ports may have been cut out to match pi opening. Or its an opportunity for you to port match to your pi port. These are just ideas.

So get a good look at it before purchase.

Ill also add the quickest quarter mile 2v to date ran svo heads! Meaning npi port shape, because rules in his race class disqualified for porting, such as port matching to a pi shape.

If it were me, being a modular motor collector nut, and i had a spare $300 for a "collector piece", id grab it. But thats me.

Could someone run a npi manifold on PI heads? would that even work? I assume not but ive never really looked at npi heads. If it isnt port matched and its possible to have it done, for the price I am definitely interested! I had a deal on a trick flow 2v intake but it feel through, I kind of gave up on finding anything else until this popped up. Very cool mod motor piece that is for sure

If he’s selling it, ask for a picture of the bottom side and see what the ports look like. It’s a very obvious difference.

He is taking it off this weekend so fingers crossed he doesn't flake

i believe thats a zeus intake. they suppossedly do well with the heads matched to them, but i dont think theyre as good as the bullitt

hmm never heard of a Zeus intake do you have any more info on them?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I have seen people installing pi to none pi head , intake
the victor jr I installed is on a 98 none pi I made fit
the victor jr I was told only fits pi heads 90 up
I believe that svo intake is the same as victor jr in fitment
its the gaskets you need to look at

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
There is a video on YouTube showing intake swap pi to none pi
I did do mine that way followed instructions and installed
Will look for the video

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
When I bought my victor jr it says 99 and up application
I think svo intake is the same on ports
Should be able to install on both
The gasket is cut close I noticed on mine

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I am not sure if it’s compatible that way. @96blak54, can a npi intake be installed on pi heads?
They all bolt up the same. Just as the pi intake on npi head isnt a direct drop in and needs provisions. Treat the npi intake on pi heads the same way.

If i were to guess probability of the aluminum pi intake bolting up with little provisions to npi heads, my probability guess is high. Aluminum intakes typically have solid flange surfaces giving more surface for gasket sealing surface.

Just compare both sealing surfaces to ensure a sealed fit. Just like the popular pi intake to npi heads a pi gasket has to be used due the the intake port open is larger than the npi. Use the same pi intake gasket method.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online