SVT team..

Z28 This

Reaction score
always wondering what it takes or how do you get on Ford's special vehical team?...always been interested in it but never could find anything out about it...

Downshift

Reaction score
Unless I missed some news for was supposed to be giving SVT the axe umm after tomorrow lol. Or maybe it was next year not sure. I know it was apirl 1st something. But some people were saying it was just a rumor.

Downshift

Reaction score
If it was just a rumor and they are staying, I would imagine that you would go through ford car only kinda training like wyotech and UTI offer and then from there inside the ford program work up to being in SVT. But thats just a guess.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Yea, I talked to some employees at the Carlisle show last year, they said you have to have an engineering degree and do the whole application thing, even just to test drive the cars for them.

OP
OP
Z

Z28 This

Reaction score
94gtstang50 said:
Yea, I talked to some employees at the Carlisle show last year, they said you have to have an engineering degree and do the whole application thing, even just to test drive the cars for them.

damn...they say how much they get payed j/w...but itd be a fun job

94gtstang50

Reaction score
no, no idea, but with that degree I would expect it to be pretty decent

STNG_96

Reaction score
Thtas what I want to do when I get out of school! Im going to school for Mechanical Engineering right now!

STNG_96

Reaction score
Would be nice, but Im guessin that the welcome mat isnt just gonna be laid out

94gtstang50

Reaction score
All set for the application process and having to claw the eyes out of the hundred other applicants fresh out of school, but you never know, you might just get lucky.

OP
OP
Z

Z28 This

Reaction score
STNG_96 said:
Only time will tell

so hows mechanical engineering?i want to go into it...whats it like, its one of my top 3 choices..

STNG_96

Reaction score
Well, depends on your school, Im going to UMR, which is a really good engineering school, as in about 95% of the students here are engineering majors. Before you start in, I really suggest you talk to some other engineers, and do some research, because it is not always what everyone thinks of engineering. Lots of problem solving, lots of MATH and related classes. But if your up to it, i say go for it. I mean, it sux right now, but I just keep telling myself thta this will all be worth it when Im finished.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Yes it is for those who are scholastically inclined, aka the smart kids in high school.

OP
OP
Z

Z28 This

Reaction score
im adverage in math and sometimes i like it...only times i dont is when im not getting it..lol but im alright in it..yea id go to state they have a huge engineering program and id go for my masters...but i dont know yet...

STNG_96

Reaction score
Z28 This said:
im adverage in math and sometimes i like it...only times i dont is when im not getting it..lol but im alright in it..yea id go to state they have a huge engineering program and id go for my masters...but i dont know yet...

Its deffinately a big decision

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online