SVT Third brake light

95cobrasvt

Reaction score
:help2:

my 95 mustang cobra has a third brake light in the spoiler. and it wont pass inspection because the light is out. ford does not make the part anymore. what do i do. where do i go for the part? or to try to find the part?

the part # F3DB-13A617-A

anyone else have that problem or just me???

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
there is no bulb to replace. they are led's. my gt had a cobra wing and only half would work. if i tapped it the other would work. It is a common problem. you might be able to find them brand new i dont know honestly. you should see if by tapping it etc. and if that makes it work it is pry just a wire inside the lense or the wires that go to the led, but unfortunately it doesnt come apart. You could try taking a dremel or something and opening it up fixing it then epoxy it back together. That was what i was going to try but i decided to take the wing off and go wingless.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ok stupid... j/k :laugh: It would have been nice if they would have made it so you could take it apart or replace leds but i guess that would be too simple :dunno: . O well it made me decide to go wingless and i like it :dancing6:

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
95cobrasvt said:

my 95 mustang cobra has a third brake light in the spoiler. and it wont pass inspection because the light is out. ford does not make the part anymore. what do i do. where do i go for the part? or to try to find the part?

the part # F3DB-13A617-A

anyone else have that problem or just me???

I would try www.50resto.com

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Well i was trying to be useful and took a look on 50resto, sadly i didnt see the third break light for a sn95

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
Well i was trying to be useful and took a look on 50resto, sadly i didnt see the third break light for a sn95

I cant find any either :-\

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i honestly dont think that anyone makes them. Pry either have to find a good used one or maybe cut the back open and put in some new led's. I got one since going wingless but it dont work right either so it doesnt help any.

TripleBlack95

Reaction score
Go to a different inspection station, that is retarded. The third brake light isn't a primary brake light, I don't see why they are busting your balls. Try to explain to them that its an aftermarket spoiler or something?

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
Are you sure it can't be replaced, because mine has a small access hole under the wing.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
The whole assembly can be replaced but you cannot just replace the led's inside of it or fix the wiring w.o cutting out the back or something. And i am pretty sure there is no one that makes new ones so options are cutting the back open and fixing it or finding one off someone else's car that decided to go wingless or junkyard (pretty hard to find i imagine)

TripleBlack95

Reaction score
Contact ABCExclusive about their repro 95 Cobra Wing with LED and see if they can throw you a LED. I mean, if they're repro'ing them they should have the light switches, etc.

:noes:

1BadSnakeBite

Reaction score
I am gonna make my own. I have the same problem and cannot find a replacement.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, apparently Ford says you have to buy the whole spoiler from them to get the LED brake light. I heard that somewhere and it can most likely be completely wrong. I know what you mean though. One of the LED's has been out since I bought mine and it bothers the crap out of me. I'm taking mine out of the spoiler (yes, it does detach via 2 screws under the spoiler) and handing it over to a good friend of mine's dad (whom is an electrical engineer) to replace the LED bulbs and possibly making a module to cause the LED's to "scan" when I hit the brakes (like "Knight Rider"). I know it sounds :lame: but i like the idea lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online