SWAP? 96-98 ECU & Engine Harness to 99-04 Ecu & Harness

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Background and Answers needed,

Just wanting to prepare a little bit for my dyno session next spring. Anything above 6k rpm my car has some breakup issue which I believe to be spark related. My 98gt has the RedMonster COP conversion harness which slightly weakens the spark output to the coils since my car originally had plug wires. Car is built and has a supercharger which I've just installed some blower cams will will allow my car to now make power at a slightly higher rpm.

The issue I have that in order to still use the COP harness I will have to install a boosta-spark box which I really dont want to. Another option is to go back to the plug wires which I dont want to either. Here is my questions, Is there anyone who has successfully swapped to the 99-04 ecu and engine harness? If this is something that would work I would gladly go that route.

Future plans are to go full standalone but my budget really isn't ready for that yet.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
There are a couple problems with doing that. Youll have to swap the dash harness and gauge cluster as well. The gauges run on a module and are more electronic than the older gauges. Then, Im not real sure what it would take for the fuse box and ccrm harness to work with the newer computer.

Definitely going to be a bunch of work lol.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
There are a couple problems with doing that. Youll have to swap the dash harness and gauge cluster as well. The gauges run on a module and are more electronic than the older gauges. Then, Im not real sure what it would take for the fuse box and ccrm harness to work with the newer computer.

Definitely going to be a bunch of work lol.

Well $hit... lol standalone will be in my future then... maybe near

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Stand alone is fun! Too bad there isnt anything thats plug and play for us yet. If you did stand alone, you could run LS coil packs and never have spark issues again

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I believe holley is plug and play. We would probably have to use the Holley Screen with it though so that we still have guages

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Holley is plug and play for you and they have a harness for the ls coils if I remember correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online