Swap headaches..help a brother out!!

ft_nox

Reaction score
Okay guys, I have searched the net and i have found some info but still not anything solid. What i'm doing is taking the 5.0 engine, tranny, and rear axle from an 86 gt and placing it all in my 96 stang shell. I have a couple of things i need cleared up...

1) If i buy a tubular k-member for the 5.0 but i have a 96 car, do i just buy the k-member for the 95 5.0?

2) I know the sn 95 axels will fit in the fox 8.8 housing, but from my reading it says that the sn axels make everything .75" longer! I know this might be bad for a fox owner, but since i have an sn, the axel length shouldnt be an issue because i am using sn axels right?? the link---> (http://mjbobbitt.home.comcast.net/mustang/5lug.html)

3) Is it possible to use the clutch pedal assembly from the fox in the sn95??

4) The biggest question of all...I have the computer and all of the wiring from the fox..every friggin connector! And i also have the crap from when i took the v6 out of the 96! How do i get all of my instrumens/gauges/engine to run with the wiring that i have. Am I going to have to splice some stuff together?? Am I deleting the CCRM since the fox didn't come with one? Should i just call painless??

Sorry about the layout of my questions guys, but i'm driving myself crazy trying to figure out how to get this thing running right. All help is appreciated

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
1. Maybe, or just buy a 96 Kmember with mounting pads for a 5,0
2. Right
3. No.
4. Good one. I have no idea but I imagine it would not be easy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online