swapping 5.0 into my 94 V6 - need some advice

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Guys,
I have the 5.0 ready, I am in the process of removing the V6 out of the car, at the same time I did pull out my dash to change the heather core, also I need to change my computer to the 5.0 liter one along with the harness so I had to removed the pass side fender, so far so good, now I need some help: I have some questions:

1. Does the fuse box wiring need to be swap too?
2. Do I need to remove the Driver side fender to change all the Vacuum lines on that side or they are the same as the V6?
3. Does the V6 speedo has different conectors from the GT?

Well so far this is what I need to know so I don't want to do any more extra work from the one it is already involve.

I am thinking to pull the engine next week and start cleaning the bay from this rust proof shit PO did, what a mess!

I will try some pics link

Here having a break from working hard LOL! I will try to upload some more pics of the engine and my work as I go along. Enjoy!

MSRTom

Reaction score
You need the GT fuse box (electrical) harness, and you need a 94-95 GT speedometer. You will also need a 5.0 throttle cable.

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Well guys my swap had been done, I had some issues but overall I think it is a success! My last issue was the timing so the car didn't start so after I try so many times I decide to remove the number 1 plug and start all over again and suddenly an explosion came from my intake, I didn't pay attention to it and keep with my timming, after I was done and give the first crank to her it just fire right up! But the RPM went to the sky. I was wondering if a vacuum hose was broken but after checking all of them without finding anything wrong I decide to check my CAI and I found that the explosion the day before bent my TB butterfly like a pancake! I never seen something like that. After taking it apart and try to fix it, it did works! Now my car is idling good. Still I have to tune it, I got a chip so it is going to the shop for that, all my work is done, just need to put back all my interior but first need to clean the carpet and put my new stereo in. I will make a small video clip tomorrow so you can enjoy the sound of her!

Pack Rat

Reaction score
The speedometer has less of a top speed but it's really the tach that is the issue. A v6 tachometer will not read right on a v8.

thanks. Picked one up yesterday fro 20.00. I am still gathering parts .

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Well guys for those who were watching my swap here is the new rise of the cobra!!! Thanks for your patience and enjoy this short video of her at idle![video]http://vid1152.photobucket.com/albums/p495/bikerman2000/Mobile%20Uploads/trim.6F265106-FB5B-453C-ABBB-F155AD1C1C5E_zpsz09n9gyr.mp4[/video]

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Another video clip, short one enjoy!![video]http://vid1152.photobucket.com/albums/p495/bikerman2000/Mobile%20Uploads/Video_zpsc61369f5.mp4[/video]

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Hey georgeklass you are right it goes to red line so fast but engine still ok by ear I can feel it

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
I will have to check since I got them used, it really sounds mean. I think they are BBK mid pipe, Magnaflow mufflers and magna flow tail pipe and some Long tube headders. Here is some pictures of my new wheels! men I will tell you already what a difference with this tires!
IMG_5408_zpsb2bhl8hn.jpg

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
IMG_5419_zpseqgl3xwe.jpg

IMG_5415_zpsxju0zwzv.jpg

My new canton overflow AL tank, it has a bad design if you are using your stock bracket, it didn't fit so I have to unmount the main plug, relocated it so tank could fit! also the return hose on the original is on the top and on the new one is on the bottom of the tank. the clear hose should be relocated on the other side of the tank and last the bracket to hold it with the screw is way off and you have to pulled making too much pressure on the fan (it should be welded more towards the front)

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
I know you like pics so here are some more, the car is dirty cause still working on it, I need to take apart the interior to clean the carpet and check to see if there is any rust in there, looks clean but better to dobble check! jejejeje!

IMG_5417_zps1opqtg3b.jpg

IMG_5420_zpsbaxcg1rp.jpg

GEORGEKLASS

Reaction score
NIce swap man! I love 2.3 and 3.8 to 5.0 swaps. When changing cluster remember to get one for a 94-95 GT. 96-98 clusters look the same but don't work. The 96 cluster also has something different with the oil PSI gage. Coolant and fuel gages work in all 94-98 cars.

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
Hey George,
I need some help here, I took my car to the carwash after I came home and parked her on the driveway, nest day in the afternoon I wanted to go for a ride and she didn't start, cranks only but doesn't start, I have no idea what could happened! Coud be some thing electronic went? or could be just some water got in some of the plugs that goes under the oil pan? I am lost man, if you could let me know what I can do about it to fix it I really appreciate your help!. :)

Pack Rat

Reaction score
Did you spray down the engine? Do you have spark? Do you hear the fuel pump?

RichV

Reaction score
Make sure there is no water in the distributor, take the cap off to look.

OP
OP
Aviator Guy

Aviator Guy

Reaction score
No I did not spray the bay, the fuel pump is working I can hear it when I turn the key on but When I crank the car doean't start and I go to check the shred valve on the fuel rail there is no fuel pressure there. I am thinking may be fuel regulator is gone? I got a fuel pressure kit to check the system today. I will post my findings.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online