Sway Bar Clearance

Rallim

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a sway bar that has more clearance for tires or sits closer to the chassis, or a relocation kit for the front? I'm not sure if the eibach ones look like they make any more clearance, or is there a relocation kit maybe? My current setup has me rubbing my sway bars at lock, and with the new spindles it's going to basically just smash into them. I could run no sway bar but I'd end up losing grip so I'd like to find something that I could still use. There's the kenny brown bars, but I'm not entirely sure how it'd bolt up since its a heim end style bar.

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Also curious with this. With x9.75 in the fronts there is a lot of sway bar rubbing

SVTstang96

Reaction score
You could always use a race style one with the splined ends or if your feeling adventurous enough you can try to cut the ends off yours, have it splined, then splined ends, and have the rods made.....

911-swaybar-810.jpg

or you can spend all of your money on a sweet adjustable setup like this!

swaybar_TGA-E9X-M3-FRONT-SWAYBAR_E90_E92_M3_front_sway_bar_turner_racing_grand-am_blade_settings.jpg

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I'd probably just grind your existing one for more clearance first, then determine if you need to fabricate something custom or not.

OP
OP
Rallim

Rallim

Reaction score
You could always use a race style one with the splined ends or if your feeling adventurous enough you can try to cut the ends off yours, have it splined, then splined ends, and have the rods made.....

911-swaybar-810.jpg

or you can spend all of your money on a sweet adjustable setup like this!

swaybar_TGA-E9X-M3-FRONT-SWAYBAR_E90_E92_M3_front_sway_bar_turner_racing_grand-am_blade_settings.jpg

I like this idea. You have a link to something like this? I'm assuming that's a custom made setup for an E36 or something since its turner.

I'd probably just grind your existing one for more clearance first, then determine if you need to fabricate something custom or not.

Oh trust me, with how much I hit it already compared to the amount of steering I'll have with my next set of spindles I won't be able to get away with that lol

Edit:

Looking at it, I wonder if it'd be possible to remake the bracket and relocate it back a few inches. If I can move it back that'd work as well.

OP
OP
Rallim

Rallim

Reaction score
I could delete it, most guys have. I'm taking off the rear one already with my new control arms, so I'd like to retain the front since I'd lose a bit of speed without it because of less grip. Trying to do everything competitively, running without it I think would make it a bit less competitive.

SVTstang96

Reaction score
It was for a e46 i think, although i think mm sells a relocation bracket. You could look into that.

OP
OP
Rallim

Rallim

Reaction score
Moves it forward which would just increase the problem sadly. I'm sort of leaning towards getting something fabbed up at this point, just another bracket that would move it backwards, it really don't have to be much. It's fun running into problems nobody else has with a drift car haha

SVTstang96

Reaction score
Moves it forward which would just increase the problem sadly. I'm sort of leaning towards getting something fabbed up at this point, just another bracket that would move it backwards, it really don't have to be much. It's fun running into problems nobody else has with a drift car haha

Fun stuff! What about a blade style sway bar. You would most likely have to mount it forward a few inches further then stock since the bar is straight and wouldnt clear the engine and k member in factory location. But it sits in there tight to the frame rail. Here is some pictures. The only problem some of the blades run in excess of $300 per side....

SwayBarBladeInstalled.jpg
sway_bar.jpg

http://www.hrpworld.com/store/defau...hnologies-adjustable-sway-bar-blade-arms.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online