Sway bar problems

joshuaw3

Reaction score
So I recently got this 98 GT on a really good deal and since it was a good deal I had money left to start modding and I decided to mostly focus on the suspension first. So I transferred my lowering springs and new struts/ shocks from my v6 over to it and got the eibach sway bar kit. So I got the rear in pretty easily with no problems but the front is being a pain. The passenger side sway bar bracket come off easy but the drivers side was tough and I ended up breaking the bolts or something bc now they just spin but it won't let the sway bar come out. Does anyone know how to get that bracket off without having to saw z all it? Thanks

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I think I know what he is talking about. The sway bar bolts come down through the frame and the head of the bolt is held by a thin metal plate kind of like our coolant reservoir. That metal sometime strips out and can't hold the bolt anymore. I had a reservoir bolt and a battery tray bolt that this happened to. I'll check out my car tomorrow and see if I can help offer up a solution.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online