SWFLGT's 98 Progress

OP
OP
SWFLGT

SWFLGT

Reaction score
What a difference the 4.10's made, I wish I would have done it sooner.

Talking to the wife and she would like to get a new ride so this gives me the opportunity to take her car and park mine so that I can really get some work done to it without worrying how I will get around. I am going for a strip/street car, something I can still drive but performs well at the track.

Engine Mods

• TFS Twisted Wedge heads with CMS stage 3 cams
  • TFS Track Heat intake
  • 75mm throttle body
  • Steeda UDP's
  • Fuel pump and injectors (not sure what I need still, recommendations appreciated)
  • Long tubes and maybe new X and mufflers (would like feedback on LT's and o/r X, I want to be able to work on it without having to drop the header)
  • NX Plate kit
  • Snow stage 3 meth kit (not sure how much I can benefit from this, would love to hear some feedback)

Suspension
Still researching what I want to do but likely go with UPR chrome moly K and one of their rear suspension packs as well.

Any and all input or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
SWFLGT

SWFLGT

Reaction score
Well I had the infamous cracked and leaking intake manifold so I installed a new PI manifold to get her back driving.
Nothing exciting, but here is a pic with the intake off and then all back together.

Can someone tell me where the hole in the back of the valley goes? It is near the yellow paint and has a black plastic cap.

20140306_210701_zpsr964xlvs.jpg

20140307_222612_zpsa6cppuwz.jpg

OP
OP
SWFLGT

SWFLGT

Reaction score
Just arrived today, new carpet, mats plugs and wires. I'm sure the carpet will be fun to do. Also I am seriously thinking about getting a supercharger. Can anyone tell me why the KB's are so much more expensive are they worth it?

20140320_213135_zpskuleokzb.jpg

Caboose302

Reaction score
Just arrived today, new carpet, mats plugs and wires. I'm sure the carpet will be fun to do. Also I am seriously thinking about getting a supercharger. Can anyone tell me why the KB's are so much more expensive are they worth it?

20140320_213135_zpskuleokzb.jpg

A buddy picked up a Kenne Bell for his 03 used for $800 I think it was. I think it was on Corral or SVT. Can't remember which. The deals are out there if you want to wait for them to pop up.

PS: who did you get the carpet from?

Sent from mah Obamafone

OP
OP
SWFLGT

SWFLGT

Reaction score
Man I would be all over an 800 KB, that's would be a steal and wouldn't last more than an hour I would bet. I would also be suspect of it for that price.

Carpet and mats are from Latemodel Restoration

Caboose302

Reaction score
It's lasted a while so far. He did have to do some work to it. IIRC there were a bunch of broken hardened bolts that were a PITA to drill out.
Post up some pics when you get the carpet in. Mine didn't sit well but I think it's because I have a crap load of heat barrier underneath.

Sent from mah Obamafone

OP
OP
SWFLGT

SWFLGT

Reaction score
I will definitely get pics as I get it installed. Not sure when that might be as of right now, but I may get to start taking her apart this week some time. I hope it fits well, it seems like it's a decent quality carpet. I have it laid out on the floor of the garage now so hopefully will be able to get some of the wrinkles out.

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Good looking ride and awesome start to it! I to loved my 4.10's! That's probably one of the first mods I will do if I ever get a stock mustang again. As far as the under drives go. I wouldn't do them. I have seen underdrives proven on the dyno to make a whopping 2 HP over stock pullies,and if you take the belt off you gain 5HP.Also underdrives cause a shit ton of over heating,charging and other unwanted problems.So in my book totally not worth it and will never do them again.I cant suggest on much more you have listed as im not really a md motor person (yet :eek:) but I can tell you my 03 mach1 sounded kick ass with pace setter ceramic l/t's or x and magnaflow. The meth wont pay off unless your boosted will it?

OP
OP
SWFLGT

SWFLGT

Reaction score
Well my plan to stay NA is going out the window I do believe. I ended up going with a set of ported and polished PI heads over the TFS heads. I saved a bit of coin here and I am now thinking I am going to supercharge her. I am working on a deal for a Keene Bell 2.1 right now. I am close to pulling the trigger on it but I can't seem to find any persuasion from anyone. Someone want to give me the push over the edge?:eek:

OP
OP
SWFLGT

SWFLGT

Reaction score
Ooo pretty. Who did the P&P?

I picked these up second hand, previous owner said they were done by Fastlane Motorsports in Raleigh, NC.

Unfortunately I have a slight problem now, there is some damage to them and will have to have them resurfaced now...:violent1:

Would you guys use these followers and lash adjusters or should I get new?
20140326_195740_zpsh0kgzssi.jpg

20140326_195815_zpsulbuhev8.jpg

99GreenStang

Reaction score
You will love those 4:10 's I had a 4:11 Richmond gear in my 72 Fastback GT and talk about having fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SWFLGT

SWFLGT

Reaction score
Hah I bet! I think with the s/c though they are going to be useless tire roasters for a while:grin:

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Haha yeah gonna need an extra fire extinguisher for all that rubber burning my friend .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online