switching 94/95 computer for fox body computers good or bad??

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
i heard people have gained as much as 30 horse just by swaping computers and changing all the harnness and wiring to the fox body computers.. has anyone here done it if so can u please explain wat gains u have received thanks guys

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have not heard of any gains that big, but I have heard of minimal gains from doing a swap. However not changing the entire assembly, just using some kind of adapter to allow the fox computer to be plug-ed into the stock harness for a 94-95. I think it was a PRO-M product........but I cant say for certain :dunno:

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Actually our computer (94-95) are better then the fox computers ONCE you tune/play with them. But stock for stock the fox is a bit more forgiving when working with a modded car. IMO I would get a tweecer or a tuner and keep your stock computer.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
When people see gains from swapping over to a fox comp is when they have modded the car w/o tuning it. The fox computers are just not as touchy as a 94-95 are. The 94-95 computer might even be a little better i think its just has to be tuned properly. The fox comp swaps are usually just bandaids for not tuning the car. So i would say might as well get a tuner instead of spending the $$ on a fox comp.

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
kool thanks guys ill just keep my computer and just tune it

txlen

Reaction score
or you can jus get an anderson motorsports PMS and tune everything on the car and everytime ya change something on the car....

OP
OP
S

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
yea im familiar with the tweecer and pms i kno either one will get the job done thanks guys for the help

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online