Switching to bags

samuelmoseley60

Reaction score
So I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I'm about to bag my 03 cobra and am going to switch wheels, and since I'm still planning to autocross my car, I was going to see what tire size/wheel size I could go and still tuck under the car.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if your going to autocross and you want bags then be sure to bring your wallet. There are a couple of standard bag manf that work for mustangs but if you want performance with the lift/drop the options are much much smaller and more expensive

OP
OP
S

samuelmoseley60

Reaction score
if your going to autocross and you want bags then be sure to bring your wallet. There are a couple of standard bag manf that work for mustangs but if you want performance with the lift/drop the options are much much smaller and more expensive
I'm prepared lol. I spoke to a couple guys at the dragon with bagged cobras and got there setups, I just didn't get the tire specs. I'm not sure how big I can go and still tuck underneath

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have ridetech shockwaves myself but my decision was as much based on the quality gear they make but also beacause their headquarters where everything is made is about an hour north. They are certainly not the cheapest but I swear when you see the quality and then get it all installed, you forget the price as the smiles per mile goes up significantly when you can have your cake and eat it too. They have a couple of mustang guys on their team as well that have some nice wheels and could help you figure out what you need. They are super nice give them a call and tell them what your doing/needing and they can direct you to the person that should know. Another nice thing about doing biz with them, people answer their phones...

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I did Air Lift in the rear, got rid of my MM set up of coil overs.
I did a simple set-up for 1000 all in. I have the 2 air lines running into a manifold made of 4" of pipe with the ends welded up and put a Shrader valve on the end and use a tire chuck to keep the pressure at 72 PSI for the street.
I run skinny tires so I can not help you there.
I REALY like the shocks that come with the bags. You must have LCA that have the spring perch on the top where the springs sit because the bags fit on the perch.
I have a Torson diff and the bags play well together.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely call and talk to the guys at Ridetech. They not only sell their stuff but they build full on race cars on site at the home office. They then test these cars on their small mini track they built there. They know air ride better than anyone. Ask for Josh and tell him Scott and Logan sent ya. He’ll make sure your taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

samuelmoseley60

Reaction score
Definitely call and talk to the guys at Ridetech. They not only sell their stuff but they build full on race cars on site at the home office. They then test these cars on their small mini track they built there. They know air ride better than anyone. Ask for Josh and tell him Scott and Logan sent ya. He’ll make sure your taken care of.

Awesome! I'll definitely give them a call. Thanks a bunch !

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It wouldn’t be hard to bag to bag a cobra. Just gotta weld up a set of bag perches to bolt to the lower spring cup on the rear end. We use to bag vehicles that they definitely don’t make shockwaves for.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
And if I remember correctly Ridetech has had a kit that guys have used for years on the cobras.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
not a problem with side exhaust, and with air ride the side exhaust being too low is not a problem. Other than it costs more money but what is that stuff really worth?
My comment had more to do with airing it out since the tailpipes go under the diff. One of the traits of the Cobra.

01yellercobra

Reaction score
Is the muffler in a different location with IRS?
The muffler is in the same location. But theres no room for the tailpipes to go up. So they go under. You can kinda see them in the pic I attched.
bdd6e1d5ab1ea26a802be6f88073e0e5.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that what I thought, with side exahust you would not have the tail pipes out the back to worry about. the stop at the muffler

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online