Switching up engine bay setup

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
It's ironic that I recently won ROTM for best engine bay, because decided to switch up a few things. Wasn't happy with the faded Edelbrok manifold, so had that powder coated black. Sold my Team Breed valve covers and went with black TF covers. Added a UPR black billet catch can with all AN fittings and lines. Removed MSD coil packs and wires and went COP conversion.

Before shot:

About 90% done with all of the above, still gotta connect all COP harness to COP's and install flat black blower piping:

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I think it looks great both ways but did you have Michael plummer at dez racing tune your car ? Stage 3 meth kit? Love the car it's beautiful for sure.

Thanks for the nice words. Mike Dez is the only tuner over @ Dez Racing as far as I'm aware. I know Michael Plummer has had tons of tuning sessions there and lots of testing, but I do not believe he is an actual tuner for them. But yes, Mike Dez has tuned my car on my meth setup. Would HIGHLY recommend that shop

1bad95

Reaction score
Looks great! Did you keep the stock coil bracket on the drivers side and mount your catch can in there after pulling the coil? Can't wait to hear how it runs with the cop conversion and making all that power!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Looks great! Did you keep the stock coil bracket on the drivers side and mount your catch can in there after pulling the coil? Can't wait to hear how it runs with the cop conversion and making all that power!

Yes, that's exactly what I did. Don't be alarmed if it looks messy, there isn't a single connector connected to a COP and nothing is tucked away. I'll be sure to post up final pictures and a video for ya because I know you were borderline going to sell yours.

1bad95

Reaction score
Great thanks! Planning on mounting my catch can in same location. Going to Carlisle this year? Would love to see it all up close again

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Great thanks! Planning on mounting my catch can in same location. Going to Carlisle this year? Would love to see it all up close again

Yes sir, I'll be there Friday -Sunday...what about you?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
AH I wish I could make that and see all of you guys!

On topic: I know you do great work man, can't wait to see it all buttoned up!

1bad95

Reaction score
Yup I'll be there Saturday, def gonna. e looking for your car up there

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score

Just about finished. I just realized the IAC line is accidentally ran to the power pipe, so it needs to get relocated to the back of the elbow up by the throttle body, but I'm extremely happy with how the COP conversion really cleaned up the engine bay. Only thing that is killing me now is how aged my alternator is looking

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great man. Im really a fan of wrinkle black coatings in an engine bay. The alternator would look great in black or a dark charcoal. I disassembled mine and painted it a cast iron color. It really tones it down since its front and center on the engine...

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Looks great man. Im really a fan of wrinkle black coatings in an engine bay. The alternator would look great in black or a dark charcoal. I disassembled mine and painted it a cast iron color. It really tones it down since its front and center on the engine...

Thanks man, I love the wrinkle finish too. I was considering doing the alternator black, but am worried it might be a tad much of the black, so I'll probably stick with more of the charcoal. I didn't realize alternators were $300+ for our cars...that's insane. How hard was it to take the casing off?

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea they are stupid expensive. They are not hard at all to take apart. It takes a little patience, but its not bad.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
looks great man. i remember taking my alt apart and was a tad stressed trying to get a few of the small pieces back together...something with a spring or 2 was causing me issues but then again i have gigantic fingers and they do not work well with small parts

1bad95

Reaction score
Curious what catch can are you using? Looks like it fits nicely in where the coil was. Looking at them now, and planning on mounting mine there also

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Curious what catch can are you using? Looks like it fits nicely in where the coil was. Looking at them now, and planning on mounting mine there also

I run a UPR breather tank. It actually fit perfect into the pre-existing bracket from the coil, didn't have to grind or cut anything

1bad95

Reaction score
Awesome thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online