system and box - COMPLETED

lrall

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
that looks badass. i want some bass, but subs are too heavy and i'd rather spend the money elsewhere. :dunno:
you know you could make a box w/ the amp bolted on that you could remove and cover the wires when track time comes right?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
lrall said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
that looks badass. i want some bass, but subs are too heavy and i'd rather spend the money elsewhere. :dunno:
you know you could make a box w/ the amp bolted on that you could remove and cover the wires when track time comes right?

+1 but then again the box could weigh down the back for better traction in some cases...

motorman21

Reaction score
ohk not to rain on your parade or anything but why is the speaker/sub facing towards the front of the car? i thought every one knew that bass sounds better when the speaker is facing the back of the car? i dunno mabey i was wrong all these years!! :hammer:

i have two 12"s and a 800 watt amp in my trunk and the speakers are facing the back of the car!! and it sounds awesome, even though they are cheap stereo componets :p

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
Looks AWESOME man...I'm currently building my rear seat delete and I want to build in some subs...but I don't think im going to be putting my money into a system right now, wheels are my #1 priority.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
this is an old thread. but, none the less. in our stangs the trunk tends to rattle with the speakers facing the rear. with the speakers facing the front with the seat down has better air space for sound to travel and resonate. it looks better if you show off your car with a simple yet effective subs/amp combo.

5.Woahhh

Reaction score
Why would you want a system to cover the exhaust? :hammer:

Looks good though.

Rice_slayer

Reaction score
Wow old topic lol. Nice clean set-up! I wish mine was like that, I never really tried to make mine look good, I have a 3 year old kicker 10" that my bro bought when he owned the car before mine(otherwords, he owned a car before he bought this one that had my sub, bought this car then sold it to me a year later). Sounds good but my set-up is ghetto, I have the sub on the left and the amp with wires dangling to the right side. I was thinking of mounted the amp on the back of the seat with velcro someday and trying to hide the wires, but right now performance and other hobbies are taking over the sound system :p.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
lol yeah old thread iss cool though.

i dont really care about loudness.. i made my sub face forward for show purposes.. but your right, it would have more than likely sounded louder with the sub facing towards the rear.

my custom box makes my sub sound amazing. it hits plenty hard. my amp is rated at 849watts peak i believe so it sounds prettty good. i haven't really heard a 10" sub as loud as mine yet. i know their are plenty but my custom box is spec'd and sounds perfect. i love my system. :coolsmiley:

motorman21

Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
lol yeah old thread iss cool though.

i dont really care about loudness.. i made my sub face forward for show purposes.. but your right, it would have more than likely sounded louder with the sub facing towards the rear.

my custom box makes my sub sound amazing. it hits plenty hard. my amp is rated at 849watts peak i believe so it sounds prettty good. i haven't really heard a 10" sub as loud as mine yet. i know their are plenty but my custom box is spec'd and sounds perfect. i love my system. :coolsmiley:

Oh ic i wasnt sure what was goin on there i,ve seen free air pointed toward the front but never solo barics, well i am sure that is sounds awesome, man sweet set up anyhow :hammer: :TY:

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah.. i mainly did it more for looks than anything. i like it though. hits plenty hard for me.

and the ballin dumpster, i was just bored one day. ive had that thing as my avi for like 6 months lol. i just haven't gotten on because its summer time and ive been working. ill be getting on more again though. :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.