T-45 26 Spline input shaft

Addicted

Reaction score
Does anyone know of the company "AMP Distributing"? They seem to be the only company that makes the 26 spline input shaft for the t-45 tranny. I have to pull the trans apart to put in an input bearing, and might as well upgrade while im in there.
I don't want a different trans, I want to keep the T-45, the single rail shifting design is great, and it shares it with the T-56. I will be going through the trans, and upgrading all the major flawed components thats from the factory, like bullit quill tube, billit shift forks, brass pads, carbon fiber syncros, total bearing and seal kit, SureShift 1-2 3-4 shift plates, and if I can get one, a 26 spline shaft. The trans shifts great as we speak, I haven't abused it, the stops on my Pro 5.0 shifter set up correctly, but the input shaft has play. I will gladly accept any information I can obtain. Thanks!:) This I want:D31vs-al2+GL._AC_SY400_.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
How much play does it have? You know you’re supposed to have some end play so that when things get hot and expand, it doesn’t bind. I’ll have to look in the book and see what the spec it though. I thought the old t45source used to offer a 26 spline shaft. I’ll have to dig a little.

Edit: A little digging says that you are spot on. That AMP performance is the only one I saw.

OP
OP
Addicted

Addicted

Reaction score
How much play does it have? You know you’re supposed to have some end play so that when things get hot and expand, it doesn’t bind. I’ll have to look in the book and see what the spec it though. I thought the old t45source used to offer a 26 spline shaft. I’ll have to dig a little.

Edit: A little digging says that you are spot on. That AMP performance is the only one I saw.

The shaft play up and down is around 3/16, which is way to much. The actual allowable end play is no way near the amount mine is moving, and I'm kicking myself in the rear because I sold a perfect t45 years ago. SMHo_O. I just dont want to crack it open and put stock parts back in. Hamlin used to be the ones to go to, and t45 source. I'm sure they rebuild them, but I can do that if I have the proper tools, and the t45's a little butt hole to work on!

OP
OP
Addicted

Addicted

Reaction score
It wont allow me to upload a video to show you, but its kinda bad IMHO. I had drained the tranny, and had glitter in the fluid.

OP
OP
Addicted

Addicted

Reaction score
Well that is not good. I thankfully didn't have any when I drained mine the other night.
I'm kinda thinking its the bearing race doing it, making glitter that is. I have a table made with a cut out to take the old girl apart. It had 17K miles on it from a totled 97 cobra that I purchased from MPS. I paid $1,300 shipping and all.

88stang88

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
BABY STEPS for me big guy. This is my first 4v adventure on its own and first Engine rebuild in over 10 years also. However, I like the attitude and support. Need you in my life buddy. Kentucky isn't far from Illinois :D

OP
OP
Addicted

Addicted

Reaction score
I had to put God in my life to be positive, Heaven:rolleyes: and Grace is just a prayer away! Sorry if I offended anyone, but some people are embarrassed saying it, but im not. Okay, back on subject. Ive put engines in cars, this is my first actual teardown, and I'm loving it!

88stang88

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
So replacing the spline in the trans to 26-spline would just require a different clutch that accepted the 26-spline input shaft correct?

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You are going to LOVE your built trans..
Took me 2 days to get mine right and had to back up and get the parts in the right sequence but what a slick trans when done. People who have never driven a Mustang ask me about the T45 and say it is the best part of the car .

OP
OP
Addicted

Addicted

Reaction score
Ive heard about well built t45's. I love single rail units. People always say which is best, 3650 or t45. I say the t56 share the single rail.

Wmac

Reaction score
Placed a small order with AMP back in January, bronze fork pads, bronze shifter bushing and billet 3/4 keys. (for a T5) It was shipped same day by usps and received in a reasonable time.
As a first time customer, I was very happy with the service and would/will order from them again. Just my experience.

OP
OP
Addicted

Addicted

Reaction score
Placed a small order with AMP back in January, bronze fork pads, bronze shifter bushing and billet 3/4 keys. (for a T5) It was shipped same day by usps and received in a reasonable time.
As a first time customer, I was very happy with the service and would/will order from them again. Just my experience.
I'm glad you shared your experience with us all, and sounds like you was happy with your parts too. Thank you, I'm stoked to hear the great service.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.