T-45 issues

WantedStang

Reaction score
:-[ Alright alright, when i first got my car, in august or so, the tranny would grind oh so often. My stock shifter had a lot of play in it, so i ordered a MGW LTD short throw, and i also added Royal Purple Synchromax... I guess this wasnt the best idea, supposedly the T-45 doesnt go well with the royal purple stuff. Anyways, with the shifter its a lot better, but the 2nd gear is still weird. If you try to rip 2nd, it grinds.. If you try to downshift into 2nd, it pops out some times... :help2: Not too sure if i should swap the fluid out again, or if i should just deal with the issues until i can save some cash and just rebuild or buy a new tranny.. Oh man

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
popping out of second sounds like the synchros to me, a rebuild may be necessary :-[

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
mine likes to pop out of 2nd everynow and then too... damn t45 :rant:

S

scarface

Sounds just like mine used to. Then it started rattling at idle. I now sport a tremec t-45 out of a 99 cobra.

whty98

Reaction score
What?? T-45 don't like Royal Purple??? I've had mine in for about a year and nothing wrong. :eek:

S

scarface

whty98 said:
What?? T-45 don't like Royal Purple??? I've had mine in for about a year and nothing wrong. :eek:
I read the same somewhere...something to do with brass syncros or something?

blwncobra

Reaction score
sounds like a bent shift shaft or a broken syncro. Mine started out the same way and now does it in 2nd and 3rd, come to think of it 4th at doing so hot either.

mine is a tremec TKO, guess its time to rebuild....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online