T-5 Questions

dnkapcorydnk

Reaction score
Alright guys i have searched on the internet and just getting confused. I have my 94 mustang with 180,000+ miles on it and I'm thinking about dropping a 331 stroker with a k sitting on top :) . Before i go off and do something crazy like that though I'm getting my drivetrain all set up. My car is bone stock besides the ford racing handling package AND I LOVE IT! Problem is mainly my tranny. I have the t-5 and it pops out of second occasionally ad in 3rd and 5Th especially it makes noise.... not a whining or grinding more like a bearing or something. So anyways I know i have a longer input shaft and from what i gather our cars came with the world class t-5 (not the non-world class) is this correct? Also would u guys suggest rebuilding it or buy a new transmission, what rebuild kit should i use if i do, and also i think that WC uses atf and nwc uses 85-90w gear oil, so i should use atf? Replies would be awsome! ALL U GUYS ARE GREAT ;D (BTW i sold my Lt1 and bought my Sn-95 best decision ever Chevy's break to much :mad: )

OP
OP
D

dnkapcorydnk

Reaction score
thinking about droping in a 331 stroker with a Kenne Bell* damn spell check

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
You could rebuild the t5 (yes it is a world class)but it will break again most likely. I would about guarantee it w/ a 331 with a kenne bell. One tranny that you can drop in its place is a gforce t5. It is a heavy duty version made by gforce. I think they can handle 500 or so and if you upgrade the input shaft in it i believe it is rated for 600. You could also put in a tko 500, 600 or a tremec 3550. They will bolt up to the motor but will require some modifications to make work but it is a fairly popular swap, but some people end up with vibrations that are hard to get rid of. My t5 is already acting up and i am thinking of either a 351w, kenne bell 302 or a turbo 302 this winter so i am going to put in a gforce t5 just because it is a direct fit and i dont need to worry about viberations and modifying crossmember etc.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Man,kb's are startin to become a popular choice lately......I wonder why ;D

I would aslo go with a g-force.......I had mine rebuilt with staight cut gears,the internals are bullet proof.......unfortunately the case is not. I have stress fractures all over the case,so now I'm thinkin about havin the case boxed in by a welded cage for extra strength........that should atleast keep it together for a little while longer.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ever since the 03 Cobra was introduced the KB blowers have gotten crazy popular

OP
OP
D

dnkapcorydnk

Reaction score
I guess I should have added this in for u guys, just figgured u would presume since i got the handling package that i wasnt much for drag racing, so the tranny isnt going to see to many major launches. :banana:

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
ever since the 03 Cobra was introduced the KB blowers have gotten crazy popular
Damm 03's,I liked always being the black sheep :mad: lol .....well atleast I still have the bastard year of mustangs,right?lol

dnkapcorydnk said:
I guess I should have added this in for u guys, just figgured u would presume since i got the handling package that i wasnt much for drag racing, so the tranny isnt going to see to many major launches. :banana:
I'd still say G-force......I don't go to the track anymore with mine,it just see's street duty. This is my 3rd tranny,so this one has to last :hammer:

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
When my T-5 goes, I'll be dropping in a G-Force T-5 also :banana:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online