T45 Problem, tranny guru's please look!

St33da

Reaction score
Earlier today I went to go back my 97GT out of the garage today and I couldn't get the tranny to go into reverse. No grinding, nothing, just wouldn't go. It's almost like there is something in the way ,but my reverse lights were on. I can easialy shift through 1-5. Never had any trouble out of this tranny (130,000 miles on it). After letting it sit for a few hours I went out and drove it around some, and since it was late and im frustrated I was pretty hard on it and then when going into 2nd it grinded (syncro sound) and a loud pop, but now I have reverse..... well as happy as I am that reverse is back im still confused. I plan on pulling the tranny out next week and opening it up and having a look. While I am an experienced mechanic, I don't have alot of time under my belt when it comes to transmissions. What do you think?

G

GREG@SN95

wow sounds bad

yah... i'm not expeirenced with trannys... I would pull it and take it apart and look for anything out of wack

S

scarface

be warned, if you pull the tranny apart and something falls out of place, you will be replacing or rebuilding it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online