t45source built t45

BigBore96

Reaction score
Here within the next couple weeks I'll be installing a new transmission in my cobra. First I've got to say Zak at thet45source is a great guy to deal with.

I need a transmission for my upcoming blower install so needless to say the stock t45 wouldn't cut it as mine is jacked up anyway. Zak built a he'll of a piece and I cannot wait to install it. I've already received the transmission but need to find time to install it.

I'll post some pictures of the install once I start the install. Right now I'm bored at discount tire so figured I'd share some car stuff.

Anyone have one of his transmissions in their car now?

the.greg

Reaction score
Here within the next couple weeks I'll be installing a new transmission in my cobra. First I've got to say Zak at thet45source is a great guy to deal with.

I need a transmission for my upcoming blower install so needless to say the stock t45 wouldn't cut it as mine is jacked up anyway. Zak built a he'll of a piece and I cannot wait to install it. I've already received the transmission but need to find time to install it.

I'll post some pictures of the install once I start the install. Right now I'm bored at discount tire so figured I'd share some car stuff.

Anyone have one of his transmissions in their car now?

I had one on my old car. It was great. Zak is top notch and he stood behind his warranty.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Awesome, t45 source is the way to go. Nothing but positive things I hear about them. I will be going to them when it is time. Once I get nitrous I'll definitely need one. Most likely just the street/strip one.
Let us know how you like it!

OP
OP
BigBore96

BigBore96

Reaction score
I've got the street/strip with the heat treated 26 spline input shaft and the quick shift upgrade. I'll definitely post how it performs. The transmission is the final step before I can add more power so it's been long overdue. Especially as my current transmission in my car is totally jacked up.

My plan is to get it installed on September 5th. I won't have enough time at home until then.

03DSGGT

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually just contacted him yesterday about beefing up my 3650. I'm going to do the 26 spline input shaft, billet forks, and bronze pads. Ive always heard great things about Zak, plus he's only about a half hour from me, so that helps too...lol

redriderjf87

Reaction score
I actually just contacted him yesterday about beefing up my 3650. I'm going to do the 26 spline input shaft, billet forks, and bronze pads. Ive always heard great things about Zak, plus he's only about a half hour from me, so that helps too...lol

I think I'm going to do this as well this winter, other than keeping the 10 spline. Can't wait.

OP
OP
BigBore96

BigBore96

Reaction score
You can do either. I just bought another from him as my current trans is jacked up and not worth rebuilding imo. Case is even cracked.

SVT CAMR

Reaction score
I have the street strip in my car. I used Merc 3 for the fluid. Much better than using the 5 that ford sells. I noticed when using the 5 the trans was notchy. First time a fluid change ever fixed anything.

The trans shifts like a dream. Important thing is to not over clutch your car. If your car can get away with a stage 2 clutch then don't get the stage 3.

I had the pleasure of launching the trans on slick and it held up fine for the 10 times I did. Recently transformed my ride into a street car and there are no vibrations or noises coming out of the trans. Had the car up to 100 the other day and it was smooth and quiet. Good trans and worth the money.

I over filled my trans with fluid. (Not knowing) It started coming out of the tail shaft seal where the drive shaft goes in. I thought I had a bad seal. I changed the seal and it leaked again. weird. The leaking finally stopped. it was because the trans was over filled. weird because my TKO's never did this. So just a heads up not to over fill the trans and use the merc dec 3 fluid and all will be good.

Zak is a good, honest person and tran rebuilder. When I got my trans I did not have a core. He sent one of the ones off the shelf. Very reliable and smooth trans.Been in my car 2 years.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Zak's awsome. Great service and gave me a slight break on the price when I bought all my T-45 goodies.

-330CubeGt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.