T5 Interchangeability

essenn95

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post on this forum and my first time ever actually posting on any forum, so if I'm doing anything wrong please let me know.

I'm having a pretty serious issue with my 2000 V6 Mustang T5's extension housing seal leaking quite a bit of fluid, which is then dripping onto my hot exhaust. After about an hour of research, and combined with the fact that my reverse gear is practically nonexistent, I've decided my best course of action is to find a cheap replacement. I've checked online and gotten several quotes, but they're still a little pricey for me, which brings me to the subject of this post:

Should I stick with getting a transmission that I know will fit, such as from another 99-04? are there any differences between the T5 used in the 4th gen v6 compared to the one in the 5th gen? or other Fords that use the same transmission, ie, the 83-93 inline 4 mustang?

and if I was to get one from a different Ford, how easy would it be to install, if there were some small differences? I'm not the greatest home mechanic but if all I had to do was swap over the bellhousing or something relatively simple, I think I could manage it.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Werecow

Reaction score
Foxbody won't fit.. different lengths on the input shaft. Sn-95's have a longer input shaft unless you have a way to make the bellhousing that it's coming from fit your engine as well... As far as the rest of them I can't speak to that..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online