Tail light resto

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
A while back I picked up some 94/95 tail lights since my 95 had the vertical lights in it. After I got them they turned out to be rougher than I thought. The tint was solid black, the trim was a textured flat black that was flaking showing purple underneath and they were just illegal. I started by sanding with 180 on an orbital and working up to 1500 wet then polishing with Perfect-It 2 and a power cone (all I had). After polish I hosed them down in plastidip for now. I'll probably tape them off later and spray with trim paint but this was quick and easy. Hope they look ok, I like em.

KingOsiris

Reaction score
Those look awesome. You don't see a lot of the 94-95 tail lights getting a lot of love these days.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Awesome! I need to do mine over the winter since I got verticals in the car now. Mine are faded. I'll do mine in a satin black, think it would accent nicely on a black car.

OP
OP
Z

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I think when I pull the plastidip off and paint them I'll also candy the lenses. I did that to my past 2 S10's and it always made the lights pop.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell