Tail Pipe Question

Venompower

Reaction score
I think part of the reason my car sounds different than previous four valves with Flowmaster 40’s is the dumps. It just doesn’t that’s the metallic echo and pop of previous cars, so I’m thinking about losing the dumps and putting tail pipes on…

Anyone have an idea of the best way to approach this? LMR has stainless tail pipes for $199, can’t seem to find any local, and think an exhaust shop would charge more than $200 to make some… what would you do?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I bought tailpipes, 2.5" band clamps and did it myself. If you can cut the dumps off and leave enough pipe to clamp to, it'll work perfectly.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
I bought tailpipes, 2.5" band clamps and did it myself. If you can cut the dumps off and leave enough pipe to clamp to, it'll work perfectly.
Where did you buy yours? Summit had AP exhaust tailpipes in aluminized for $26 a side, went to their site and found they do make polished stainless... but no way to order or see price without calling. Where do people normally buy this stuff?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I’m sure you could. I’ll probably redo mine sooner or later. I’m not entirely happy with it.

badass98svt

Reaction score
PXL_20220620_220610460.jpg

That's about the best I have that would show the tailpipes specifically. Are you looking for something specific?

b1pig

Reaction score
Hour and a half.... might not be too far to drive for it. Closest I could find near me was still almost 4hrs one way. I just gave up and bought a complete exhaust.

OP
OP
Venompower

Venompower

Reaction score
Hour and a half.... might not be too far to drive for it. Closest I could find near me was still almost 4hrs one way. I just gave up and bought a complete exhaust.
If I was single I’d already have it lol

I’ve got a wife and two kids and that complicates long evening drives for car parts. Especially when LMR sells tail pipes for $199…

b1pig

Reaction score
Understood. Been there.

In my case, my wife wanted to drive the Mustang... so she told me to order the exhaust. LOL

Besides that, given current fuel costs.... I'll take the "free shipping"

joemomma

Reaction score
Yep, gotta figure in fuel costs (plus food if the wife/kids are going).

FWIW, I have 3.5" tips (I believe they are Flowmaster, PO installed) on my car, and I think they're a touch too big.
wheel3.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online