Tailgaters Rant

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
So I was driving into the campus and noticed a honda accord came up real quick behind me. So i stopped for the stop sign and proceeded, this mother****er rode my ass so close that I couldn't even see his front bumper let alone his mirrors. I was getting pretty ticked because when I stopped for the next stop sign he almost plowed into me. I pulled over to the side and grilled him, than drove around to where he stopped and rolled by extra slow.. I thought I was gonna have to get out or something.. Like no buddy you and your boyfriend in your little honda accord with blacked out windows and fender stripes doesn't intimidate me. But that shit really gets me.. Like back the **** off!!

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Honda Accords are the shit. I have a buddy with a 4 door 6th gen who not only races it but drifts it occasionally.

Also, tailgaters suck. Just pull over and let them pass. No need to get worked up over it.

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
I brake check people. Constantly.

The law says that you must maintain a safe braking distance while behind another car. If traffic comes to a halt because of construction, an accident, an animal, someone brake checking you, and you smash into the car. Then it's on you for not maintaining distance.

Now, if you ever see me personally riding someone's ass it's probably because, unlike your average white boy honda driver, I'm aware of my car's braking capability and know what a safe distance for me is to prevent said accident.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Now, if you ever see me personally riding someone's ass it's probably because, unlike your average white boy honda driver, I'm aware of my car's braking capability and know what a safe distance for me is to prevent said accident.

Well see now that works both ways. If you're riding someone's ass and he decides to brake check you, you better hope you aren't following a car with 6 pot brembo brakes. It's good to know your braking capability but lets not forget about those in front of us.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
A double tap the brake, not actually braking but just so the tail lights flash.

If that doesn't work I just slow down or let them go by.
Happens lots to me, people seem to expect me to drive really fast all the time.

In the winter it makes me more nervous since I don't want them to slide into my car, well the truck I didn't care since it was always little cars so they wouldnt do much damage. Plus the truck had the perfect exhaust if it was below -20c I could give it gas and the smoke them out :p They wouldn't do it again haha.

With my bright orange car people fell the constant need to drive like a douche, show off and yell lol. Lots of people try to intimidate me it seems like, especially big diesels. I just keep calm, focus on my own driving and pay attention to avoid damage to my car.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
My friend had a switch for his tail/brake lights it was a 70s ford f100ish with a big steel bumper. He would hit the switch and brake check people, it was funny as hell till someone (some 17yr old girl blasting music and on her cell phone while tailgating) got hurt from rear ending him. To think it all started with a simple joke stating "the emergency brake doesn't trigger the brake lights "......

The D3V

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
E-brake doesn't turn on your brake lights, just throwing that out there.

Sent from bored/stroked HTC One

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
Well see now that works both ways. If you're riding someone's ass and he decides to brake check you, you better hope you aren't following a car with 6 pot brembo brakes. It's good to know your braking capability but lets not forget about those in front of us.
True, could go pretty bad, but my idea of me tail gating is more like two car lengths on the highway or so. I never get closer than one car length and usually don't spend a lot of time doing it.

It blows my mind seeing trucks, to save fuel I assume, behind semi trucks, tail gating. That's death there.

Magic

Reaction score
It blows my mind seeing trucks, to save fuel I assume, behind semi trucks, tail gating. That's death there.

Good truckers can maintain their speed and know when to brake. I drive at a conservative speed and if I feel that the trucker in front of me is going a little too slow for my liking I'll get around him and get back in the slow lane in front of him (safely and at safe speed, if hes going 55 or less, I'll get it up to 60-65 and pass). No big deal.

The biggest issue IMO, with truck accidents is usually a car that triggers it. Usually by cutting a trucker off or getting in the way when a truck is making a lane change etc. Ive had a few butt hole puckering moments when some dick or **** in a car/suv cuts me off (especially in traffic, when I know how much time/distance I have to safely slow down/stop my truck and a car or two decides they want to cut in front and occupy that real estate.) Another one is slow drivers in cars in the middle lane, ****s all the lanes up. Maintain speed and safe distances to other vehicles around you and your day goes by good.

NERD

Reaction score
Since I started carrying a gun I don't get nearly as irritated at Motards. There are bigger things to think & worry about. I can't remember the last time I said, " I thought I was gonna have to get out or something" for something so minor as a tailgater or someone maddoggin.

I'm too old & experienced to fight it out although, I am more than capable to go to take it to the ground. If I am forced into a situation, I will be the one going home to my family by every lawful means.

Hopefully once you're older you'll realize this stuff is not even remotely important.

mattmathis

Reaction score
Yea, it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. But still once in a while it'll get under my skin. It's just disrespectful. No different than someone invading personal space in person. Standing too close behind u in line somwhere for instance. There's just a boundary that people should naturally give others.

Slipperman

Reaction score
My theory is this:
These drivers spend very little time actually looking out the windshield. There eyes dance between the cell phone screen and what's up ahead. They cannot get a bead on a car that's too far ahead, so they park on the bumper so a larger field of view is used up by your car.
They probably aren't even aware of all of this.

Goldmember

Reaction score
Brake check with prejudice. Shit hits the fan as soon as I leave my driveway. My street has a 30 MPH limit. Unfortunately, a large development went up about a mile from me, and the once-quiet street has become a speedway for those wastes of life who are in a hurry to get to the train station 1.5 miles out for their commute. Short-stop, slam on brakes, give them the business. Can always get a new bumper out of it.

I find it's more of a problem in my wife's Altima Coupe, or in the GT, than the Highlander. Easy to understand why, the cars are small and short, the Higlander is larger and taller.

In the GT it's 1000 times worse, because it's loud even the loser fat ass dad in the minivan wants to run, loud just attracts them.

That said, my daughter was born Monday morning. I want to come home to my pint-size poop factory. Trying to be a little calmer these days.

BlkoutGT

Reaction score
No need to get all worked up over a Honda. Should have either pulled over and let the deuche-tard pass or completely ignore him and keep doing what your doing. I would be in a hurry too if I drove a civic, I wouldn't want anyone to see me driving it(probably why he has blacked out windows) lol.

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
mount one of these bad boys on you trunk facing back

cree-led-offroad-light-12pcs-3w-cree-work.jpg

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
No need to get all worked up over a Honda. Should have either pulled over and let the deuche-tard pass or completely ignore him and keep doing what your doing. I would be in a hurry too if I drove a civic, I wouldn't want anyone to see me driving it(probably why he has blacked out windows) lol.

Wasn't that honda that got me ticked, just the fact he almost went through me more than once. I pulled over when I could and he followed me than drove past me lol. I LOL'd at your last line, I think he had has boyfriend in the car too LMAO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah