Taillight decisions

anguem

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am new here. Just got my 95 rio red cobra last week and she is gonna need some love. It currently has chrome rice lights on it currently and I'm going to replace with a stock 96-98 set. Not sure if I wanna color match the bezel and tint the lens or if I want to paint the bezel black and tint the lens or paint the bezel black and leave the lens alone. Anyone out there with a rio red mustang please post pics of their stock taillight setup please.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say leave the lenses alone. I'm not a fan of tinted or blacked out tail lights... at all. As for the bezels, either red or black looks good on a red car. Black looks especially good if you have other black accents already IMO.

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
I'd love to get a set drop top... Mind fronting me the cash lol

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
[MENTION=17876]DeepList[/MENTION] will hook you up :)

I got mine when they were a little cheaper. People are paying good money for them now.

RichV

Reaction score
Horizontals FTW.

Anything but the APC style garbage.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like the painted bezels/tinted tails combo, especially on a red car.

P1000023.jpg

mg5746my3.jpg

(pretend these are rio red)

Untitled-5-8.jpg

MkYfC2k.jpg

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
I'd still love to see black bezel verts on a red stang

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I like tinted lenses myself as long as they are not too dark to block too much light. The black bezel thing is cool if you have the original saleen bezels I guess but imo but when I see a stock bezel painted black to me it just screams that someone didn't want to pay the money to have the color matched and done right and cheaped out with a rattle can. I mean really even with the saleen bezels it always looked a little weird to me to just have some spots on the car that are painted different colors. Why not pull out the brake and hood vents and paint them black too? The door handles maybe as well?

OP
OP
A

anguem

Reaction score
Well I search my self and found what I was looking for. Idk who's car this but I like it a lot. And the black bezels look good if you keep a theme with it.
u9yburez.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well I search my self and found what I was looking for. Idk who's car this but I like it a lot. And the black bezels look good if you keep a theme with it.
u9yburez.jpg

I agree but the theme with black bezels is saleen and if it isn't a real saleen it just ain't right to me. Hell I am hoping to get ahold of some saleen reproduction bezels that I am going to color match. Its good to be different imo...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online