Takeing the Snake down the 1320 for the first time....

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well after installing my new cold-air kit this past week I cant wait any longer I HAVE GOT TO TAKE THIS BITCH TO THE TRACK and get some numbers. I hate that I still have not had it tuned but I cant wait any longer. From what other 99-01 Snake owners have told me I should expect mid to upper 12's if everything goes right....... I'll post up my slips when I get back home tonight :banana: :banana: wish me luck

Oh yea I do have a set of skinnies for the front and fresh BFG Drag Radials so I should be able to hook up pretty well...........I hope ::)

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
good luck Snakebit, HAVE FUN!!!

thanks, just got back from the shop pulled passenger seat /spare & jack put the skinnies on the front and got the tank down to under 1/4 so I'm all set. I'll probally be home around 11 or so tonight (if nothing breaks :-\) :dancing6: :dancing6:

ALITL8

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
ALITL8 said:
good luck Snakebit, HAVE FUN!!!

I'll probally be home around 11 or so tonight (if nothing breaks :-\) :dancing6: :dancing6:

post some #'s when you get in!!

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well got back late last night, the track was PACKED, I don't think I have ever seen that many people out there before. Any how we had a blast and I did some of the best driving I think I have ever done (especially since I have not been on a drag strip in over 2 years ::)) My first pass went well although I did not lauch that hard because I was not sure how the IRS rear would handle it so I left at 2400 with a slight wheel hop and a chirp from my DR's (thank god that was all :angel:) First pass was 60ft 1.88 1/8th 8.100 @85mph and the quarter 12.671 @ 108mph. Needless to say I was very pleased with the outcome of the run, though it was nothing uncommon with the mods I have, but I was as happy as a hooker on new years anyway :dancing6: :dancing6: On the second and last run for me due to the ass load of people out there I launched harder at 3000 and was rewarded again by not breaking any thing and a 60ft 1.79 1/8th 7.90 @86mph and the quarter 12.480 @109mph :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: hot damn under the mid 12 and I did not have to be towed home. I wish I could have gotten at least another run in but that will have to wait until next time, hopefully after the damn thing has been dyno tuned :). It was a great night I got the times I wanted out of it and nothing gave way on me........................ :khobra: :banana:

Just to clarify the car had been run before, just not with me behind the wheel and that was when It was bone stock

ALITL8

Reaction score
wow man, 12's... thats excellent!!! we had several cobras out with us and everyone was running slow at our meet. some of the cobras (even pretty built ones) didnt even get out of the 14's ??? i think it had a lot to do with the temp and humidity... it was pretty sticky, 90* and 40+% humidity :dunno:

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
wow man, 12's... thats excellent!!! we had several cobras out with us and everyone was running slow at our meet. some of the cobras (even pretty built ones) didnt even get out of the 14's ??? i think it had a lot to do with the temp and humidity... it was pretty sticky, 90* and 40+% humidity :dunno:

weather does play a BIG part in how the cars will run and in my case I don't know the humidity but the temp was in the low 70's and it was after dark when I made my runs so it was not hot at all. And don't forget the driver mod, you can have a 500hp car and only run 15's if you cant drive, I'm not bragging on my times or anything like that, because my times were what the guys over at SVT Performance is running with pretty much the same mods so I have NOTHING SPECIAL. Just keep in mind the driver plays as much a role in the ET of a car as the weather does. :)

I was just thinking about what I wrote there, it makes me wish I would have driven the car the first time it was run (back when I got it a few months ago) instead of the dyno owner. I was not going to run it at all but he likes to get a baseline run on the cars he will be tuning so the improvement in et can be documented, and to be fair with the driver mod he prefers to be the driver of the car on the before and after runs, ..................I wish I had drove at least once so I can see what MY actual improvements were ::) oh well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Staff online