Taking recommendations on boost gauges?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction & Tuning' started by sanchezcruz_20, Jun 26, 2007.

1. sanchezcruz_20

sanchezcruz_20 Member

Guys... I may be investing in a supercharger in the near future. I'm looking to install a boost gauge, but don't want the driver pillar-installed type. What other options are there? I have a 98, so I don't have a dash clock, otherwise that would've been an option. Is there a particular brand of gauge that everyone prefers? How about the gauge pods? Any advice?

Pictures encouraged and welcome!!!

Thanks!

2. quickstang_1994

quickstang_1994 Well-Known Member

look at the gauges around the cluster
    [​IMG]

3. 95PGTTech

95PGTTech Well-Known Member

clean look. O0

how much did they cost?
    where did you get them from, or did you make that yourself?
    how is visibility around the stock steering wheel?
    would a smaller aftermarket wheel make them easier or harder to see?
    would those interfere with the installation of the autometer steering wheel shroud single pod?

4. quickstang_1994

quickstang_1994 Well-Known Member

Gauges are ford racing
    Brezel was $65 all from summit
    They are really easy to see but that is the only pic I had loaded
    The steering wheel Shroud is not for mustangs

5. sanchezcruz_20

sanchezcruz_20 Member

That looks amazing... Nice to see gauges other places than the pillar. I'm definitely looking into that bezel. What guages are you running in those pods?

6. m0n0x1d3

m0n0x1d3 New Member

I had the autometer guage cluster just like the one pictured in my turbo V6 Mustang. Makes the car look pretty inconspicuious to the passing theif IMO. I know theives tend to look for things like pillar pods and such when staking out what cars to rob. My ONLY complaint with that set up was that being fairly tall, i kept finding myself looking down and then around my hands while driving which lead to some pretty hairy moments. I personally am going with the dash clock replacement type pod in my new setup. But that setup also advertises, "HEY, look at my these sweet guages on my dash! Smash my windows and steal my crap!!!111one!!

7. 96 blue moon

96 blue moon Active Member

Same here. I installed my cluster gauge and installed autometer phantom white face gauges on my 96 stang and the install is clean and neat like they were made for the car. :banana: :banana:

8. sanchezcruz_20

sanchezcruz_20 Member

The gauge cluster bezel is ordered and on the way!!! How is the install? Does it require any modification or just install like the factory piece?

9. 96 blue moon

96 blue moon Active Member

The install is very easy and clean. Just take your time and it will go smoothly for ya. Good luck. O0

10. phil_the_thrill

phil_the_thrill Active Member

under the radio is always a good place. if you get an aftermarket headunit you'll have a space under your radio. i've seen guages there and they look pretty badass. I've also seen them where they put the guages on top and the radio underneath

11. Paul

Paul Legend

Here's one of my old cars. My current one is similar, but my friend made me a custom billet plate for below the radio with his CNC machine. It's neato.

[​IMG]

12. sanchezcruz_20

sanchezcruz_20 Member

Looks really cool! I have a 98 so there's no clock up top and I'm still running the stock radio/cassette/cd player as well. I ended up going with the gauge cluster 2 gauge bezel from lethalperformance.com. Your set up looks good though, I'd probably have trouble keeping my eyes on the road with all those gauges to look at! :D