Taking the first steps to get this Ol' Blue Henry into shape...

steveeoaktree

Reaction score
So yeah, not well funded, or even well equipped for that matter, but am still going to get this baby right. Just picked up the drivers' side fender, splash guard, and turn signal cover for $70 from a nearby junkyard.

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag301/steveeoaktree/Mustang/Junkyardfender_zps79bb49c3.jpg

Gotta get the glazing, sanding, and painting done this Saturday before putting her on the car...(well and stripe removed) Also powder coated the Billet grille Arctic White at work the other day, and gotta get the 4 black plastic grilles painted to match as well. Attempting to go Blue and White, with as little Black possible on the exterior.

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums...illetgrilleafterpowdercoating_zps02d2b180.jpg

I will take some more pics this weekend of the exterior and work, as well as the cruddy interior (that apparently had almost every latching clip broken during stereo install/uninstalls).

Thanks yall, and any advice is welcomed!

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Good deal, nothing beats finding color marched parts in the junk yard! Use a hair dryer and those stripes will come off easier

OP
OP
steveeoaktree

steveeoaktree

Reaction score
My fault on the photo link. Still getting used to the system here. True Burninriver, I drove like 40 miles to get the blue fender versus a local red or green one... I need to do some research though, to see if my 98 will accept any parts from the other years that the sn95's were built...I.E. cooler style headlights etc... Have a lot to learn in reguards to the suttle differences between the years.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
As far as body panels and lights go, 94-98 are all interchangeable. The new edge 99-04 is where you have some changes

lutter94

Reaction score
drove 40 miles? you make it sound like you drove a long ways to get it. What do you consider local? A 40 mile radius from my Mustang right now, might include 5 other mustangs.....no junkyards within 65 miles...

OP
OP
steveeoaktree

steveeoaktree

Reaction score
drove 40 miles? you make it sound like you drove a long ways to get it. What do you consider local? A 40 mile radius from my Mustang right now, might include 5 other mustangs.....no junkyards within 65 miles...

I should've stated that within 3 miles there were several fenders available, but not any blue... and not able to take her off myself to get a feel for the inner workings of the Mustang frontend. Yes, I live in a small town with many 1 horse towns around... ha ha.

OP
OP
steveeoaktree

steveeoaktree

Reaction score
Sooo I was bored today (still waiting for color matched paint to arrive) and decided to pull off the fender and see how much bracket damage there was underneath-and to see how it fits before painting. Yeah, uh gotta surely get a header panel and another h/l assembly and possibly a drivers door.

IMG_20141115_153043_zps3feba3ae.jpg

IMG_20141115_153036_zps365eeb76.jpg

I did manage to get the side bumper bracket re-riveted on, and straightened the connecting bracket from the header to the lower front fender. Also had to straighten both brackets by the door hinges. Threw on the fender while fitting her as close as possible, but with the header panel being broken, it's tough. I will go ahead and do the glazing tomorrow while it's still on the car though.
IMG_20141115_164633_zpsacbc5389.jpg

IMG_20141115_164626_zpsff9c7aff.jpg

IMG_20141115_174725_zpsc871e228.jpg

Can sure tell by the turn signal/headlight what's wrong... but glad that I did this to have it all done before putting the finished fender and hood on!
Here's what she looked like before.

IMG_20141114_173459_zps25ea8759.jpg

Get the header and h/l picked up next week, and hopefully the matched paint'll be here bu wednesday. Then can have some more fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online