talk me out of a foxbody

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you want a daily, SN. If you want anything else, Fox.

There's this guy on SN95Forums whose signature has his SN going sideways.... i mean, if you can drift an SN, you can do anything in an SN.

if only i could remember his screen name.... . . . ..

OP
OP
S

scott5

Reaction score
I like the sounds of this my car is eventually being built towards x275 I'm all about small tire cars . So I'm assuming your going 5.3LS with a 88mm turbo. Can't wait to see what you end up doing .

Nah, I am a nitrous guy. So it will be a nitrous car at first. I will see how my TT setup goes on my Camaro and see after that. For start though I just want to get the car up and running by spring so I am going to use parts I have laying around to cut down on cost at first to get it up and going. So that being said I have a LS2 based 402 that I will put some 235cc heads on with a EFI carb style setup. Going to get with Steve Johnson again (his kit is on my other car) and get one together for this one. Shoot for around 1000-1200hp on the juice which shouldn't be that un reasonable.

My other Camaro does 5.9s at 118 on 100shot with just a 346 so going .4 faster with 56 more ci shouldn't be that too far.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Nah, I am a nitrous guy. So it will be a nitrous car at first. I will see how my TT setup goes on my Camaro and see after that. For start though I just want to get the car up and running by spring so I am going to use parts I have laying around to cut down on cost at first to get it up and going. So that being said I have a LS2 based 402 that I will put some 235cc heads on with a EFI carb style setup. Going to get with Steve Johnson again (his kit is on my other car) and get one together for this one. Shoot for around 1000-1200hp on the juice which shouldn't be that un reasonable.

My other Camaro does 5.9s at 118 on 100shot with just a 346 so going .4 faster with 56 more ci shouldn't be that too far.

Nice man . I've always been a nitrous guy up until now ... This is my first blower setup I've ran so will see how it does on the track once it opens ... I've been beating on a bunch of 10 second cars on the street so things are looking good this far . I've also set my car up to work on the street so hooking on the track should be no issues . 118 in the 1/8th that's awesome man ! That cars working great

OP
OP
S

scott5

Reaction score
Nice man . I've always been a nitrous guy up until now ... This is my first blower setup I've ran so will see how it does on the track once it opens ... I've been beating on a bunch of 10 second cars on the street so things are looking good this far . I've also set my car up to work on the street so hooking on the track should be no issues . 118 in the 1/8th that's awesome man ! That cars working great

Actually that car is a disappointment. I am very un happy with it. I understand its only on one stage, but I have been running into issue after issue and that's why it hasn't been on its second stage. The 1/8th is very disappointing. It has been 9.2 at 147. I am so fed up that I actually got another tuner. One who tunes one of the fastest x275 cars so I am going to see how the next track outing does. This car NEEDS to go mid 8s.

On the other side. I have a procharged C5Z as well but bought it to resell. Was hit in driver side and got a deal on it. I don't know a lot about what setup ya got, but I love this D1sc.. If your talking x275 you should just stick with blower and use the new F-1x. Brian black just switched over to it and a few other big names. But its hard to say no to turbo anymore. My other Camaro will probably end up getting turned into a race car as well depending on how the TT install goes.

Rallim

Reaction score
There's this guy on SN95Forums whose signature has his SN going sideways.... i mean, if you can drift an SN, you can do anything in an SN.

if only i could remember his screen name.... . . . ..

It doesn't mean its good at it haha. So many things that need to be done to make it actually be a proper setup first

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Actually that car is a disappointment. I am very un happy with it. I understand its only on one stage, but I have been running into issue after issue and that's why it hasn't been on its second stage. The 1/8th is very disappointing. It has been 9.2 at 147. I am so fed up that I actually got another tuner. One who tunes one of the fastest x275 cars so I am going to see how the next track outing does. This car NEEDS to go mid 8s.

On the other side. I have a procharged C5Z as well but bought it to resell. Was hit in driver side and got a deal on it. I don't know a lot about what setup ya got, but I love this D1sc.. If your talking x275 you should just stick with blower and use the new F-1x. Brian black just switched over to it and a few other big names. But its hard to say no to turbo anymore. My other Camaro will probably end up getting turned into a race car as well depending on how the TT install goes.

Thats what hat my boy runs is the f1x it's a x275 car I've posted pics before of it in my thread that blowers unreal . He will be in the 7's this year last night out he went 8.00 at 177 so the cars working

OP
OP
S

scott5

Reaction score
Yea that blower is badass takes less hp to spin it than a F1r and makes as much power has an f2.

My next thing is whether I wanna find a roller already done or do one myself. I will probably put up a build here as well as tech. Good thing I am moving to the heart of 275 country in NC so I will be able to get some help

Lebeter

Reaction score
i will talk you out of it. put a chevy motor in an fbody. They are gorgeous cars lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online