Tall valvecovers

RSB95

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can run tall valvecovers with a typhoon intake without a spacer? I know it's the cheap china made edelbrock look alike!lol not made of money

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think you pretty much have to run a spacer with tall valve covers no matter what (unless of course your intake doesn't hang over the heads). Keep in mind if you have a stock hood and throw a spacer on there, you might need a taller hood (or hole in your current hood ;) ) to fit the new height.

ProKiller

Reaction score
probably, but that's not your biggest concern, it's hitting the alternator with tall valve covers

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
My trickflows needed a 1" spacer they are now gone in favour of polished ford racing . I used to run the same manifold , I suggest cleaning up the ports the time spent will be beneficial mine was rough on the inside , mine came with a motor I bought

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
probably, but that's not your biggest concern, it's hitting the alternator with tall valve covers

Huh, interesting, I wasn't aware of this :( Now I want to go look under the hood lol.

OP
OP
R

RSB95

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I guess I'll just keep my factory ones and put a nice paint Job on em, don't wanna get into a bunch of stuff with them not fitting hittn the alternator and stuff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online