Tax money came ! Question about a minor detail on rims..

1bad9d5

Reaction score
So now that my main tax money came in... time to spend a little... or a lot I haven't decided lol I am 99% sure im buying myself some 18" XXR 521s and selling my 17" 99 cobras... im checking out the front rims right now (18x8.5) .. it also has to options for bolt circle 5x4.5 or 5x100????? anybody know what the hell that is... here are the links to both:

http://tirecrazy.com/wheels/xxr/series-521/52188149/

http://tirecrazy.com/wheels/xxr/series-521/52188109/

these would fit on my 95 without a doubt right??

EDIT: also after looking at the 18x10 option on their page... it only has a 5x4.5 bolt circle.. does that matter?

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
those were the only 2 options that website had and I didn't know what was right or wrong that's why I was asking.. but that's for your help man I appreciate the hook up on the links so I buy some nice flat black ones

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You should consider getting the Varrstoen ES1s, ESM reps, or LCLs instead. They won't come with that ugly unilug design.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
those were the only 2 options that website had and I didn't know what was right or wrong that's why I was asking.. but that's for your help man I appreciate the hook up on the links so I buy some nice flat black ones

No no prob man they have those on there. Just give them a shout

You could also fit 18x10s all around if you wanted

why would he want to do that??

I think ink he wanted the deeper lip in the rear. If he ran the same size that would defeat the purpose.

You should consider getting the Varrstoen ES1s, ESM reps, or LCLs instead. They won't come with that ugly unilug design.

Es1's are $$$

Esm rep are still a good bit more then his current selection

Why are you so against he unilug design?

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
why would he want to do that??

I think ink he wanted the deeper lip in the rear. If he ran the same size that would defeat the purpose.
?

Because it looks awesome

7862330214_a3d09ab624_c.jpg

Win

Legend
Reaction score
That looks like he stretched the crap out of the front tires. That has no function.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I appreciate the ideas but I would prefer sticking with the deep dish in the back look... ive seen 18x10 in person on wheels.. I do think it defeats the purpose.. and I would love to not have a unilug but im also obsessed with the XXR 521s for some reason since the moment I saw them.. and they aren't crazy crazy expensive... thank god

410sn95

Reaction score
You mean your obsessed with something like a BBS or CCW...

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
I don't really care what $4000 rims look like... first time I saw these rims they were XXRs.. I didn't see a set of CCWs until way later.... so I like the XXRs replicas or w.e people with nothing better to do wanna call them... but ill take this price any day for rims that look good

410sn95

Reaction score
No need to get upset. Was all in good fun. I even owned myself in my making of a funny. XXR makes so many different copies I can't keep track what is what 521, 522... lol.

Just seems funny to me that these different wheels have been around for a very long time and people are only exposed to them via. replicas.

Also, do a search on XXR's on the old google machine. There have been wheel failures.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Also, do a search on XXR's on the old google machine. There have been wheel failures.
If you do a search on them you'll find some pictures with no actual facts behind them. Yes, it is typically true you get what you pay for. But I suspect the majority of those failures would still have occurred with top brands.

Look up any brand and you'll find some one claiming of a failure due to manufacturing.

Also order from NLT motoring. They seem to have a good rep, best prices and most sizes.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
that's exactly why I got annoyed... sure go ahead go on google man.. but just like orange said.. do you know how they were driving? no.. do you know how many times they hit a pot hole or how hard.. no you don't... I highly doubt the guy was driving and the rim just collapsed and destroyed itself... sorry wont believe it.... and until I hit the lotto im not gonna be paying 4 grand for some rims that work no different then a set for 600 bucks... you wanna buy me CCWs? I take donations man

410sn95

Reaction score
If you do a search on them you'll find some pictures with no actual facts behind them. Yes, it is typically true you get what you pay for. But I suspect the majority of those failures would still have occurred with top brands.

Look up any brand and you'll find some one claiming of a failure due to manufacturing.

Also order from NLT motoring. They seem to have a good rep, best prices and most sizes.

True, then again a picture is worth a thousand words in a sense when it comes to failures. Hub separation and spoke failure is pretty major... Not just a caved in barrel.

I am not trying to dissuade, it's his car and yes they are good looking wheels. Just remember their quality is on par with Rotas and such.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
275/35/18 isnt exactly stretched on an 18x10

Why would you want someone to look at your car and even say that though. There is no reason to run a 18x10 up front unless your actually using it like on the track or auto x. There is a reason it's not done very commonly.

Example 00R

18x9.5 with a 20mm offset

the 2000 R wheels have a 6.12" backspacing, which is the same as the various 17x9" SN95 wheels. With the added width (9.5" vs. 9") they'll stick out an extra 1/2", but that should make them fit about perfect IMO.

so take it as you will

410sn95

Reaction score
that's exactly why I got annoyed... sure go ahead go on google man.. but just like orange said.. do you know how they were driving? no.. do you know how many times they hit a pot hole or how hard.. no you don't... I highly doubt the guy was driving and the rim just collapsed and destroyed itself... sorry wont believe it.... and until I hit the lotto im not gonna be paying 4 grand for some rims that work no different then a set for 600 bucks... you wanna buy me CCWs? I take donations man

Wheel failures will happen more with the cheaper wheels. Its just how it is. CHINESE manufacturing. You even said your buying them cause they are CHEAP!

Dude... like I said. All in good fun. It's your car. Do what you want. I was just pointing out that its funny people think these things are so hot, when they were around for a long azz time.

I am stoked people like you are branching out of the traditional Mustang wheels. It's great!

Win

Legend
Reaction score
My friend had a brand new Audi that had a wheel split. Shut happens and sometimes it's to an expensive ass wheel sometimes a cheapo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.