Teal 94 GT Makeover

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
60302125.jpg
Haha the horizontal tail lights are not for me. But on the plus side I got another matching set of taillights you can get for your car

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Got the new front suspension on tonight. Went back together smoothly and the springs didn't fly out and destroy anything so I am satisfied.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Gonna try to get the transmission back in tomorrow night and finish up some other odds and ends. Also picked up a new B&M shifter and Hurst shift knob.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Everything in the engine bay is back together. Should be good to go there besides the stretched out throttle cable. Luckily found a used one and is on its way to me since no on seems to make aftermarket or OEM throttle cables.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Figured I'd put up some pictures of the interior with new edge seats and center console. Looks pretty clean and it will be nice to have a cup holder lol

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Got the transmission back in last night along with the x-pipe and driveshaft. Also installed a new FRPP throw out bearing since might was making a little noise. Cleaned up the under side a bit as well since it was covered in trans fluid from the leak it had. Installed my new B&M shifter after getting everthing in place.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Got a good shot of the rear end with the new suspension from underneath before installing the transmission.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Those are some good pictures of under the car. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

As for the vertical taillights... no. It's your car, do as you please. I just think that the horizontal taillights make the rear look shorter and wider, which is good. The verticals make the back end look taller and narrower, which is the opposite of what everyone seemd to be shooting for given that lowering springs and wide tires are the first mods anyone does.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Those are some good pictures of under the car. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

As for the vertical taillights... no. It's your car, do as you please. I just think that the horizontal taillights make the rear look shorter and wider, which is good. The verticals make the back end look taller and narrower, which is the opposite of what everyone seemd to be shooting for given that lowering springs and wide tires are the first mods anyone does.

I'm holding on to the horizontal ones until I decide if i like the vertical or not. In my opinion, I think the black vertical lights will go well with the black s281 wing i have coming. I will install them both and see if i I like it or not. If not, I'm sure the verticals won't be hard to resale.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Got some dumps on my mufflers yesterday and was able to get them put on and finish a few other things to go for a test run.

Here it is ready for the test run. Test run went well besides a slight issue with the front struts (won't go into detail as it was my own fault and stupidity lol) car rode like brand new with all the new suspenion parts. Transmission was also alot quieter since I replaced the worn bushing.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Going to try and finish a few loose ends with it tonight. Plan on replacing the oil, filter, and spark plugs since the car is running so rich. Also, have a small exhaust leak from the headers to the x-pipe just needs adjusted. Just trying to get everything ready for my dyno tune this weekend.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Got my black s281 wing and vertical tallights on last night. I think they look good on the car.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Got everything finished on the car last night and installed some smoked headlights as well. Off the Kansas this afternoon for my dyno tune.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Got the car cleaned up yesterday and loaded on the trailer to head down to kansas.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Was able to drop the car off at the shop last night and be stored inside overnight while we grabbed a hotel and waited until this morning for my appointment. Got there this morning and got everything set up and began tuning. Here is the car on the dyno.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Everything during the tune went well. Come to find out while pulling out the ECU, the car already had an SCT chip in it with an unknown tune. Tested it out and the chip was bad and wouldn't read. Good thing I had already got a new one since I had no idea the car already had a chip on it because of the way it ran. When I bought the car, the previous owner gave me a dyno sheet on it he had done because he was curious on the horsepower and the car dyno'd 253hp and 279tq at the time. After getting the car a good tune today it made 306hp and 315tq. I am very satisfied with the results and that some hidden horsepower was uncovered with a good tune. Also impressed with LSXkilr Custom Calibrations and their customer service and knowledge on dyno tuning. Very friendly guys to work with and are great at what they do with very reasonable prices. I would definitely recommend them to anyone seeking a dyno tune for any vehicle that would be willing to make the trip to Bonner Springs, Kansas. They also have a mobile dyno and motorcycle dyno. Very neat place to go and see all their equipment and results of vehicles they have worked on. Made for a fun weekend. Here are the pics of the dyno sheet from today and the dyno sheet from the previous owner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online

No members online now.