Teal 94 GT Makeover

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Looks like a clean start, but ill be the first one to say i think you may have raised the car with those "lowering" springs.. also I have never heard of stagg shocks and struts. Hows the quality? What other brand do they compare to?

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Looks like a clean start, but ill be the first one to say i think you may have raised the car with those "lowering" springs.. also I have never heard of stagg shocks and struts. Hows the quality? What other brand do they compare to?
The car did raise a little with the B springs. As i said earlier in this thread, the car came with some ebay knockoff springs that were made for import cars and definitely not made for a mustang. The old springs had no pressure on them and were barely held in place causing the car to be completely slammed and all it did was bounce down the road. I was aiming to raise it a little since it sat like a low rider. As far as the Stagg shocks/struts, they are just an "off brand" of KYB from what I understand. The box they came in even said KYB on it. I wasn't looking to spend 500-800 dollars on shocks and struts so I went with these since they had good reviews and I am satisfied with them. The car rides like new now.

GTfiveoh

Reaction score
That car looks familiar. Looks like you've done a shit ton to it since you've gotten it. Those are the dyno numbers I was expecting from it, looks like it's in good hands man. Keep up the good work

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
That car looks familiar. Looks like you've done a shit ton to it since you've gotten it. Those are the dyno numbers I was expecting from it, looks like it's in good hands man. Keep up the good work
Yeah really wasn't planning on doing a whole lot to it until I got to looking at it then one thing led to another and here it is. Just needed some tlc and some money put in it, now it rides like new and runs great. I'm just picky on certain things and kept doing more and more.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Will be installing new O2 sensors soon as well. Old ones were seized in the x-pipe and good. After getting them good and hot with a torch they decided to come out.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Nice job and congrats on the new numbers! I'm sure it's alot more enjoyable to drive now.
Yeah it sure is. Will actually idle and stay running by itself now. No more idle surging or overloading on fuel either.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Got the new O2 sensors in and x-pipe bolted back up last night. Seems to idle a little better now.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Idle was still iffy even after the new O2 sensors so I installed a new IAC sensor off my old throttle body and adjusted the idle a little now it seems like it will actually stay running when coming to a stop

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Idle is still not fixed. Narrowed it down to a vaccum leak somewhere. Cleaned the IAC sensor and swapped it out with a different one and still nothing. Seems to be a little better but still not enjoyable to drive when it dies every time you come to a stop. Will be looking into the vaccum lines soon.

lutter94

Reaction score
Can you cap off all the vacuum ports on the intake? Doing one at a time should help trace it.

OP
OP
blacksnake_98

blacksnake_98

Reaction score
Got the windows tinted this week. Car looks much better. Will post pics soon.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I will update this since he never does lol...

Tubular K-member / a-arms / coilovers and caster camber plates installed......

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Nice. 300w, k member a arms cc plates and coilovers. Things going to drive like a beast.