teal 95 gt

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
Hahahaha no biggy, I am putting 18x9/18x10 black saleens on it and lowering it 1.7" with a h&r super sport spring setup. I wanted to take a different approach to a teal mustang and black most everything out.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
Just found out they won't install the h&r SS springs because it will ride like ass with a tire that size, so I will be using a H&R/Steeda Sports Srpings for a 1.25" drop all around.

det_riot

Reaction score
Who won't install them? Wheels size has nothing to do with ride quality. You can look to your oem suspension for that. I rocked 335 and 305s in 18s, and 315's in 17". Whoever is feeding you this information is a moron.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
Who won't install them? Wheels size has nothing to do with ride quality. You can look to your oem suspension for that. I rocked 335 and 305s in 18s, and 315's in 17". Whoever is feeding you this information is a moron.

didn't say ride quality per say more along the lines of the roads here suck donkey dick and I run the risk of wrecking my cc plates from my strut fully compressing or something along those lines because I originally wanted to lower it with the SS springs and keep my 17x8 stock rims but then I decided I wanted to get 18x9/18x10 black saleen staggered setup. I talked to them for a while about it and they are probably one of the best mustang shops in the northeast so I listen to what they say for the most part, not saying your wrong in saying what you said. They just do not want to see my car get all fkd up is what it came down to they said I can do it but they would rather me not. Long story short I wanted something when we started out on what I wanted then changed my mind lmao so they had to make up for the rim size difference and drop it less than anticipated.

det_riot

Reaction score
I'm not comprehending about what they are saying is gonna get fcked up but to each their own. SS are a stiff enough spring to not fully compress a strut and blow it out....... [MENTION=8293]OnyxCobra[/MENTION] aren't you running SS's?

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
I'm not comprehending about what they are saying is gonna get fcked up but to each their own. SS are a stiff enough spring to not fully compress a strut and blow it out....... OnyxCobra aren't you running SS's?

yea I do not know too much about the suspension haha I'll just let them do their thing.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have coilovers now but i ran H&R SS for years with my 18x9/10 Saleens with no problems. The car rode great and never once even came close to bottoming out the strut, those guys are idiots and I'd stop taking your car there asap. I had Steeda sport springs before the H&Rs, they were a waste and the car didn't even look lowered with them. Go with H&R Sports at least but you'll be fine with the SS and a good aftermarket strut. tell them Onyx from the forum said so.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
yea they said something about installing H&R sports instead like I said the roads here are pretty bad and I am kind of actually happy they suggested it haha I would probably have my exhaust ripped off with SS around where I live, I did a good job at convincing myself I made the right choice lmao....

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
H&R SS aren't THAT low dude. If your roads are that bad then you should probably be driving a truck or suv and not a sports car.

1995_Cobra_042_2.jpg

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
that's with the SS? That really isn't that low god damn:angry:

det_riot

Reaction score
you're worried about bottoming out? I drive mine around michigan roads which are just as bad with less than 2" clearance to my headers. you're over reacting

Stanimal

Reaction score
there is absolutely no way your going to bottom the strut out with ss springs in any fashion that you wouldnt bottom other springs out. IF you bottom the struts out, it was your fault not the springs and you would have bottomed out on stock springs anyway.

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
annnnnnnd two months later and almost 7 grand....I will have some pics tomorrow once I pick it up ad drive it home and will load more this weekend after i give it a major douching

OP
OP
teal95gt

teal95gt

Reaction score
little off topic but I also have been perfecting my paint correction skills and made a good chunk of change on the side detailing, just started this month. How does the paint look it was 4 year old Impala that was neglected and washed with dawn and never waxed lmao, I never took before pics but here is an after of the passenger side door.
iVDJB9m.jpg

can't wait to really get my paint perfect like this sat/sun

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Staff online

Members online