Post Whore
Reaction score
I can change my mid pipe in a few minutes lol. :( thats actually pretty sad

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Fets said:

i changed mine in less than 20 minutes the first time i changed mine, and that things was a little bitch at first....and since i was 4X4 like you, i didn't even ned to jack up my car, but to do it now, i would have to. :hammer:

and Twista, the O2 sensors are usually really really really stuck on the H-pipe really well....i would suggest you undo the connectors and take off the O2 sensors when the H-pipe is off the car.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
Fets said:

i changed mine in less than 20 minutes the first time i changed mine, and that things was a little bitch at first....and since i was 4X4 like you, i didn't even ned to jack up my car, but to do it now, i would have to. :hammer:

and Twista, the O2 sensors are usually really really really stuck on the H-pipe really well....i would suggest you undo the connectors and take off the O2 sensors when the H-pipe is off the car.

thanks for the suggestion. Right now im wresting with getting the extension and swivel onto the header bolt.

Back to it i guess.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
and that bolt is tighter than a virgin on prom night... got damn. I sprayed it with more wd40 and its sitting now.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you should go to the auto parts store and pickup a torch.. ;D make the job easy.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
you should go to the auto parts store and pickup a torch.. ;D make the job easy.
:( Thats what i buddy used to get it off in the 1st place lol. I was hoping itll be easier, but those things welded themselves to the headers again :slap: :slap:

edit: 1:39 am :/ only 1 header nut loose and thats by grabbing on the side of the car with all the might. Damn, this is a pita.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
grow some muscles...
flex.gif

:hammer:

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
hpipe is off now.. 3 am :/ im slow. The drivers side nuts was like welded on there. Atleast im learning something rather than paying a shop $50 to install it.

All the other nuts took bascially screwed right off w/o force wtf lol. They loosen up i guess over the time. Now i have to go get the other mid on there. I also want to start it with open headers but its 3am so thats a NO-NO. ;[ Back to work.

ill be done around 5-6am.. and i havent ate dinner yet. :lame: :noes: who gives a duck though.. mustang comes 1st tonight.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
good job man, after you are all done, you will be so happy that you did it yourself. Oh and i think the only time i have done a mod to my car and not cut or scratch or in some way bled was putting in my springs, its just something i must do...i cant even change my plugs without tearing off some skin. :hammer:

and i wouldn't start it with open stock headers.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
i finished @ 4:55am (long i know.. hah shutup) :banana: It doesn't sound like any leaks at all, but i cant drive it hard b/c of the time. :) ITs going to be 72 and sunny out later on today so ill drop the top and check

One thing i notice is its smoking alot. I mean alot, but i think its the tape i used to hold the gasket in place. So far so good. My closet are so dirty its sad. I basically rolled around on the garage floor all night time and my hair is full of dirt also :rant: Tomarrow ill be so happy when i hear it.

thank guys O0 Guess i have to pick up some mils sometime this week.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
haha well its a good learning experience but for future reference the longer extension you have the less pressure your applying to the bolts try to keep the entensions and connectors to a minimum

ck5.0

Reaction score
Glad that you stuck with it and got it done man. :thumb:

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Umm, what happens if i dont use the hangers? i tighten it up but didnt put it in the hanger. Also, i have a small leak @ the passenger side header but theres noway im messing with it again lol. Maybe next week and im waiting for the CEL light to come on b/c i dont have any mil eliminators.

All in all. Its a easy mod to do, but it sucks and is a PITA! The passenger header bolts are a bitch. Also, the prochamber is heavy as hell with one arm and trying to hold it up by yourself and bolt it on.

and yep its not coming off for emission im taking it in with the prochamber and pray they dont look under the car.

Conclusion: Its not very loud but than again the flows are quiet mufflers IMO. It is alot louder than the flows and catted h. Theres no smell @ all for some odd reason i have no idea why. I prob need a tune up and spark plugs b/c i dont think the car is running to its full potential, but anyways! It def. has a flow sound if i rev it up around 5-6k :thumb: It has abit of rasp, but thats from the leak i think but than again my car has always had rasp and i need gears to keep it out of the rasp rpm @ start offs.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
for future reference pb blaster kicks wd40's ass. If you think bolts on your "old" stang are a pita try a 79 f 150 ;D

Well atleast you are learning to work on your stang. The only time i took the stang in to get worked on is when it needed a new a/c hose and recharged. O and i took it to an alignment shop to get it aligned and tire shop to put the tires on of course. DIY>paying someone to do it. O0

The best way to learn is to do it.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
theres a big nasty leak, but im not messing with it. Maybe next week rofl. Does it do any harm driving with a leak? At idle you dont hear any leaks at all, but once you get to like 2500 you hear the leak than after 3000 it goes away and you get a smooth prochamber sound. Sounds good. :noes:

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
wow, just drove for a good distance with the top down :/ the leak makes it sound like a old raggly pickup truck. This is beyond SLP's right now b/c they actually was a good deep sound lol. If i keep the rpm's at a mid range steady cruise it sounds freaking good. I must get the leak fixed asap lol.

ck5.0

Reaction score
How easy/hard was it to remove the O2 sensors? How do they come out? Do they just pull out or are they screwed in?

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
ck4.6 said:
How easy/hard was it to remove the O2 sensors? How do they come out? Do they just pull out or are they screwed in?
Idid what i was told to do in here i think. Got a wrench and set it to the right size and unscrewed it. .... When the pipe was off the car already by the way, so i had to unplug it from the harness 1st.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
aaaah the old passenger header leak.

Did you try starting your car up with the H-Pipe off? lol I drove around the block with open headers, god damn that is like "Take your breathe away" loud

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just got the Check Engline Light :'(
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

and nope fets i havent rofl.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online