temperature sensor

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
would it work to splice the two coolant temp sensors together instead of tapping a new whole in the pi intake? i thought it would work but then i thought each sensor might send a different type of signal. if that doesnt work, where could i get a t fitting that would work?

NERD

Reaction score
No it wont. I've done this already. You can do it to work temporarily but you will throw a code and your comp will turn on your fan to work at all times. The problem is the fact that the 2 senors has different resistor values. Basically one reads Apples and one reads oranges... either tap the intake for a second, or tap the coolant line that runs to your heater core. I think this should be temporary too. I did this and I will be changing it as soon as I have the money to buy a new aluminum crossover intake. Also, I just went to Home Depot and got a half inch T fitting.

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
yeah, i was thinking they sent two different signals. i'm going to try and find a t fitting today somewhere. do you know which sensor goes to the computer and which one goes to the guage. one sensor has kind of a pointed end and the other has a more of a blunt end.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The T fitting is not an accurate reading since it removes the sensor from the coolant flow...you can tap the block instead...there is a area on the driver side to do it.

SORRY UPGRADING FORUMS, ATTACHMENT WAS ERASED, YOU NEED TO REUPLOAD!

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
is that in front of the oil pan or on one of the sides? did you have to add more wire to the harness to make it to that spot on the block?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
its on the driver side near the header...tap it like you would the manifold with a 3/8-18 npt tap...you will have to extend the wire.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
its a drain plug that you tap on the block...you can also tap the Tstat housing if your not into doing the block.

SonicStang

Reaction score
I tapped it into the aluminum crossover...

2005_0627piintake0023.JPG

PI_vs_nPI-intake.JPG

98vortech

Reaction score
i have this same problem..i dont wanna take my manifold off AGAIN so the question is that would metal shavings mess with anything inside the coolant tract?

S

scarface

I went to my local machine shop and for 20 bux they welded a bung to my thermostat housing...WOrks Great!
stathousing%20(600%20x%20400).jpg

98vortech

Reaction score
a bung huh?? that seems too look good as well..thats wat i will be doing..wat do you mean by a machine shop?

S

scarface

98vortech said:
a bung huh?? that seems too look good as well..thats wat i will be doing..wat do you mean by a machine shop?
A machine shop is basically a metal fabrication shop.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
sxynerd said:
No it wont. I've done this already. You can do it to work temporarily but you will throw a code and your comp will turn on your fan to work at all times. The problem is the fact that the 2 senors has different resistor values. Basically one reads Apples and one reads oranges... either tap the intake for a second, or tap the coolant line that runs to your heater core. I think this should be temporary too. I did this and I will be changing it as soon as I have the money to buy a new aluminum crossover intake. Also, I just went to Home Depot and got a half inch T fitting.

Thats what I did, just used a T Fitting...

S

scarface

There are many Threads on other forums explaining why a T fitting isnt the best solution. It leaves a dead spot at the sensors because no coolant is actually flowing over them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online