Tensioner pulley questions..

riored4v

Reaction score
Having a hard time finding a 94/95 billet tensioner pulley so I've started trying to research to see if a fox pulley will fit.

From what I can tell (using RockAuto) they all share the same part numbers are both 76mm / 3".

The difference from some of the billet pulleys I'm finding is that they offer a smooth style or some with a lip for the belt.

Does anyone know if these pullies are interchangeable? Are the offsets the same? Steeda and UPR seem like the best options so far, but I'm not sure if they will work. UPR is a larger (85mm) pulley and Steeda's is like the factory 3" pulley, but has the lips on the edge. I'd prefer the UPR pulley since it matches my Wazee idler pulley better.

castine917

Reaction score
The bracket/spring are definitely different. According to duralast the pulley is different but according to acdelco the pulley is the same. I do believe they are interchangeable with lip versus no lip being the variable. If you go with the upr you may have to change belt size too. Then again the "3 inch" pulley may just be an approximation and truly be 3.346456693inch/85mm. A cheaper test would be to walk in to a parts store and ask to see stock one for both and measure.

OP
OP
R

riored4v

Reaction score
The bracket/spring are definitely different. According to duralast the pulley is different but according to acdelco the pulley is the same. I do believe they are interchangeable with lip versus no lip being the variable. If you go with the upr you may have to change belt size too. Then again the "3 inch" pulley may just be an approximation and truly be 3.346456693inch/85mm. A cheaper test would be to walk in to a parts store and ask to see stock one for both and measure.

Yea, I figured with the UPR one I might have to go with a slightly larger belt. The UPR rep mentioned it was 85mm where the belt rides and 87mm from lip-to-lip, so it would be just slightly larger than the factory pulley.

So far I haven't really been able to confirm if offset is the same or not but like you, I have seen the part numbers interchangeable through the years. Good idea with the checking at the parts store, I might give that a shot before ordering up the fox pulley.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online