Termi gas mileage

AzzLyp

Reaction score
Ok, obviously, I didn't buy this car with gas mileage in mind and I know what the claimed mileage is, but what are real world numbers on a daily - some freeway, mostly city - driven Termi?
I think I'm averaging between 9-12 city and that just seems a little too low. I try to stay out of boost most of the time, but I can't do that all the time. lol. Still, just seems like my mileage is a little low.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Damn, that seems terrible. Though your supercharger is like always on, right? It's not a centrifugal, so it's making boost even at low RPMs. Kind of hard to stay out of boost, isn't it? I honestly don't know, never drove a Termi before.

But yet, that seems low, even for a Termi. But I honestly don't know for sure.

OP
OP
A

AzzLyp

Reaction score
I mean, it could be right, I guess if I think about it. My Mark viii got about 12 around town, same engine (sizewise, not hp obviously) but no boost and it's a heavy ass car, same weight as my vert. I dunno, I just had the heads redone and I have great compression, new plugs, new coils (oem, not am) and it seems it should be a little better.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Termi :whip2:

I dislike that name.

Honestly if you are in boost then that is probably right. I only got 16-17 mpg in my 2V with ported heads/cams and 300hp.

This is one of the things that makes the Coyotes so badass. They get great MPG and make more power.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I dislike that name.

Honestly if you are in boost then that is probably right. I only got 16-17 mpg in my 2V with ported heads/cams and 300hp.

This is one of the things that makes the Coyotes so badass. They get great MPG and make more power.

Lol I agree with all of this. Terminator sounds better :)

And it's nice getting 17/18 city with a 3500 pound car with 400 horse.

But your numbers are pretty much on the money with what my friends with terminators have told me.

OP
OP
A

AzzLyp

Reaction score
Well then that's good to hear. My gt with the 32v swap gets amazing mileage. Of course, I didn't expect them both to, but it just seemed really low. I'm glad it seems to be on par with other Terminator (I spelled it out :p) owners.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I think you are right on the mark...our 04 Mach 1 gets 13-15 Playing around in town but is balanced with 26-28 on the freeway...

neverenuff

Reaction score
Not sure of your mods but here is a Google search:
20b953ed460bd2c457c041821eed1322.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

neverenuff

Reaction score

I dislike that name.

^ true, true, I get 25 mpg highway with 3.73's. I think I got low 20's with my pi swapped 4.6 and 2.73's

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
How many miles? Any mods? Check the plugs, clean/replace the air filter, replace the fuel filter (spoiler alert: is a PITA due to the IRS) install an oil separator (JLT make a nice kit) and that should make a difference..

oh and do a code scan (not every code turns the CEL on)

OP
OP
A

AzzLyp

Reaction score
Sorry, been busy - the car has exhaust and intake, just had the heads redone. All valve guides were loose and had a bad exhaust valve. Mileage around town is exactly 11.5 now and highway jumped considerably. Went from 130 miles on a tank to about 230 with mixed. It's much better now. All plugs and coils are brand new. TR6 plugs and Ford Oem coils. I'm pretty satisfied with it now. It's getting the same mileage my Mark got with much more power. Not like mileage is what I was going for, but it's definitely better than what it was.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.