Terminator or Coyote? *Poll Added*

Win

Legend
Reaction score
IMHO, the Mustang has turned into a pig. Overweight and full of items and crap I don't want.

I bought a Mustang because I wanted to build to go fast. (Little did I know my car stock was slow as dog shit.) I don't care about leather, Bluetooth ipod interface, touch screen thingamajigs and uber glass roof's...

The luxury, advanced, sophistication argument is what Euro car owners would use as to why their car was still superior to my junk even after I put bus lengths on them.

If I want to cruise in amazing comfort with all sorts of gadgets (some of which I will NEVER use) I will buy something else.

While yes it is heavy as crap.

But I mean it being so heavy and auto bone stock cars are pulling mid to high 12's that's pretty damn good in my book.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
I'm a die hard terminator fan and will always be no matter what new mustang ford produces. Just can't get over the whine of the eaton, the sexy back end, the IRS when polished, forged, t56, the hood, sonic blue, etc... I drove a new coyote at work the other day but only got to wind out to 45mph; it felt awesome! I thought I wasn't going to feel connected to the road in the new like when I drove a 2010 5spd I felt I was just floating above the ground. That's why I love Pre 05 mustangs, you get that raw drivers feel as if you are one with the car. But that coyote sure was comfortable and the sound of the 4v with axle backs is the best exhaust I've heard on a mustang. Loving the new coyote and the prices can't be beat for what you get out of that car.

But in the end, I'd sell my left nut for a 03/04 before a coyote.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
Coyote here, less miles, put a blower on and run 10's, and they actually look better with some exterior mods and concave wheels.

terminators are cool but I know too many people with them, and I'd rather have a solid axle. Doesn't the terminator weigh like 3600 pounds, and the coyote weight like 3800 pounds? Its not much.

410sn95

Reaction score

But I mean it being so heavy and auto bone stock cars are pulling mid to high 12's that's pretty damn good in my book.

And that's very cool. But in my book, 12's with the power they make is not quick enough. Power to weight.

I understand some want all the creature comforts, the OP was asking what we would pick and why. I chose neither but if forced to pick, I will take the 03-04. At least I can strip it down and not have to deal with all sorts of add on's and crash standard crap.

These are supposed to be pony cars. Not luxurious boats.

Again, this is just my opinion.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
This is true. I guess I'm just all about innovation. Slap a twin turbo kit on the coyote and there touching 9's with amazing DD ability. Oh and that's on low boost too. If I can have comfort which is far superior then a SN95 and be faster I am all for it.

Tommy92

Reaction score
I'd drop everything for a 2012 grabber blue boss 302. Between Cobra and 5.0 I think the obvious choice is 5.0. I think everyone can agree its the best a Mustang's ever been performance wise.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Coyote.

I might buy one this Christmas when the 2015s are hitting big. Hell I could get a decked out 2012 right now for under 25k...

For some reason people have some over priced s197s for sale..... 22k for an 08 lol

The D3V

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Terminator, I like look way better. Plus, they're rarer and raising in value.

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Coyote.

I might buy one this Christmas when the 2015s are hitting big. Hell I could get a decked out 2012 right now for under 25k...

For some reason people have some over priced s197s for sale..... 22k for an 08 lol

The D3V

Missed this comment. Yeah I'm thinking of doing exactly the same. Getting a '13 or '14 when the '15's come out. My bank gives me this look like I'm on ****ing drugs or something everytime I want a loan on anything 2yrs or older...

I digress they look aggressive as can be. And the value is there, but at the same time I would almost feel guilty dailying one of those things. ALMOST

Sinned83

Reaction score
We should have set up a poll for this one. The termi is getting more results than I imagined

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Something I would always be skeptical about buying a termi is the prior owner(s) beating the hell out of it during its 10-11 years in existence or them being modded pretty decently when buying. I can't remember the last time I saw a bone stock termi for sale or one that wasn't being sold as "never raced" lol. Make me laugh every time. You can buy a brand spanking new mustang and do the work YOU want to it and just know the work was done correctly. Idk I've always just liked knowing what was done to my own car and doing the work myself, but to each his own

OP
OP
KillNThrill24

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
That's the most true fact I've heard this whole time. I bought my car without running a carfax or anything on it and later found out I was the 8th or 9th owner. It explains every bit as to why things break left and right on it. 7 or 8 owners of not knowing what they are doing and ****ing with stuff they shouldn't be ****ing with. That leans me so much further towards a newer car...

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Really I could turn my car into everything I love about the termi or build a new edge just like a term (the things I love). But I couldn't build the things I love about a coyote.

The D3V

Pale Horse

Reaction score
Having a 2014 5 liter in my drive way, Coyote. About 420 hp stock, no supercharger or turbo= tons of potential. I like the terminator they a very cool and have IRS.

TanTop94

Reaction score
IMO Id be willing to drive a GT coyote as a daily way before I ever thought about driving around a termi. Given I love termis and have recently thought about purchasing one, I honestly couldn't bring myself to thrash it as a dd. So in your case is say get a coyote lol

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
IMHO, the Mustang has turned into a pig. Overweight and full of items and crap I don't want.

I bought a Mustang because I wanted to build to go fast. (Little did I know my car stock was slow as dog shit.) I don't care about leather, Bluetooth ipod interface, touch screen thingamajigs and uber glass roof's...

The luxury, advanced, sophistication argument is what Euro car owners would use as to why their car was still superior to my junk even after I put bus lengths on them.

If I want to cruise in amazing comfort with all sorts of gadgets (some of which I will NEVER use) I will buy something else.

WOW! I don't think I have agreed with anyone as much as you on this! I'm the exact same way! We have been looking at coyotes and possibly the 15's. I look at the striped down models,she looks for the Lincoln mustangs we have a focus that's all the luxuary we/I need. I have NAV on my ifail (to bad it never works) so I don't need it all in a car. Now if we are talking swaps? I to want/will do a coyote swap in my sn or buy it swapped already. So I would buy me a coyote and terminate a terminator

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score

Here they are the same even modded for the last couple of years

Coyote.

The D3V

I would like to know where you guys are seeing these coyotes for that cheap? And yes every 05-10 is low mid 20's people are on crack!

I'm a die hard terminator fan and will always be no matter what new mustang ford produces. Just can't get over the whine of the eaton, the sexy back end, the IRS when polished, forged, t56, the hood, sonic blue, etc... I drove a new coyote at work the other day but only got to wind out to 45mph; it felt awesome! I thought I wasn't going to feel connected to the road in the new like when I drove a 2010 5spd I felt I was just floating above the ground. That's why I love Pre 05 mustangs, you get that raw drivers feel as if you are one with the car. But that coyote sure was comfortable and the sound of the 4v with axle backs is the best exhaust I've heard on a mustang. Loving the new coyote and the prices can't be beat for what you get out of that car.

But in the end, I'd sell my left nut for a 03/04 before a coyote.

You can do that ya know....

That's what 4xx to the wheels get ya.

1bad9d5

Reaction score
ive always wanted a termi forever now... but it is impossible to find a good way un abused without destroying my pocket and after all these years.. id rather not buy a termi with 100k on and a supercharger... so im gonna have to pick a nice beautiful loud coyote.. slap a turbo on it and lets have some fun lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online