Terminator or Coyote? *Poll Added*

Caboose302

Reaction score
My buddy just bought a 14 GT and I just got to drive it. It's nice but it doesn't have that raw feeling that our mustangs have. It's almost too comfortable to be a mustang and when you get on it you don't feel like you're going as fast as you are because of it. If you're looking for something to take drag racing I'd go with a Coyote. For anything else I'd say Terminator

Sent from mah Obamafone

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I disagree with you nacho. I think the sn95 platform was way more visually appealing than s197's. Yes the new ponies are monsters in comparison to the 215hp cars most of us once had but I wouldn't own one unless it said cobra,boss or roush on the paper work.

This post makes me LOL

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Because if you think brand new 5.0s aren't head turners when compared to the old cars, you are hallucinating. I get people breaking their necks to look at my car every single day. When I valet the car, about 80% of the time it gets parked right in front of the bar/restaurant where I'm at - right by the front door. The SN95 chassis, while one that I love and will always have a soft spot for, has never gained the acceptance of the fox or the S197 platform. Period.

Sinned83

Reaction score
I agree with the no acceptance part which is why I love them. Personally the new ones don't do it for me. They are well within my reach and price range I still decided to go with a 10 year old car.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I never said they get "no acceptance." I said SN95s have not gained the acceptance that the fox or S197 platforms did.

Generally speaking, the group of folks who like the SN95 fall within the category of "Mustang fans," while people who like the Coyote are not just limited to those who like Mustangs in general. I can afford pretty much any Mustang I want (with the exception of ridiculous $100K+ Super Cobra Jets and such) - so I choose to have my foxbody notch and my Coyote. I've had a ton of SN95s, and I love them. If I were to buy a second "project car" and a third mustang again someday, it would probably be an SN95.

But for a daily driver... Coyote all day long.

ElKabong197

Reaction score
The problem with the coyote is the seat of the pants factor isnt there until you put a tune on it. The throttle response has a huge delay stock. That's why people think they feel "slow"

Sent from my Galaxy S-fizzledizzle

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
The problem with the coyote is the seat of the pants factor isnt there until you put a tune on it. The throttle response has a huge delay stock. That's why people think they feel "slow"

Do you own a coyote and daily drive it? I do, and it feels WAAAY faster seat of the pants than any SN95 I ever owned, with the exception of my 422 cubic inch stroker motor swapped '94 GT, which make regoddamndiculous torque at 2400 rpm. However, the drivability of that car sucked compared to my coyote, and 7 mpg wasn't much fun either.

Also, there is no throttle response delay, and the cars run 12s @ 110 mph stock, so I have no idea what you're talking about. If the car feels like it's going to rattle itself to death when you mat the throttle, then perhaps that's what you're referring to with the fox platform mustangs.

Paul.

ElKabong197

Reaction score
Yes, I owned and DD'd a coyote back in 2011. Even with the 3.73s it felt like a dog before a tune. Im not saying it WAS slow, I was saying it "felt" slow for a 360whp car. There was throttle delay but it might have been something they fixed with the 13/14's tho.

Sent from my Galaxy S-fizzledizzle

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I have an '11, and there is no throttle delay. It is stock, with 3.73s, and makes 375 rwhp.

I guess a 14 second car has better "feel" to you. *rolls eyes*

T-5 Killer

Reaction score
So how does the back seat compare the New edge vs Coyote? I have always wondered if the Coyotes have more room back there?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
The Coyote is a bit bigger inside vs the fox chassis cars, but the back seat is still for insurance purposes only. LOL

I fit okay in the back seat, but I wouldn't want to take a really long trip back there.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
Another vote for a Terminator here. Sure a Coyote is very nice and the power levels are astounding, but the thing that bothers me about them is they're everywhere. Think about how many times a day you see a Coyote... Then think about how excited you get when you see a Terminator. I want a car that stands out, and a Coyote is just another retro-looking muscle car that's too big and bulky to be called a Mustang. And yes, I've driven Coyote's and Terminators, and I side with the Termi every time.

Nacho98

Reaction score
just to fan the flames here…strictly for a daily driver, what does the Terminator have going for it compared to the Coyote?

-Age? No
-Reliability (hand in hand with age)? No
-Simple engineering? No
-Warranty? No
-Power? No
-Better chassis? No
-Creature comforts? No

-IRS? Yes

Guys, the termi is a great car for sure, but be realistic - for a daily driver, there's NO contest. The termi has nothing going for it for a daily driver besides IRS, and that's a simple fact. Remember this isn't a thread about what we like better, it's a thread about which car is a better daily driver, and the answer is the newer car; Ford isn't building a worse Mustang today than they were 10 years ago. In my '98 I had a garbage FM transmitter, now I have an iPod classic in the glovebox connected via USB forever. Why would I ever want anything less in a daily driver? Etc. etc.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I agree nacho, a coyote is a much better daily. I would feel much better driving one because of less fear of ruining a rare car. Coyotes are a dime a dozen so replacement parts are much easier to come by. A termi wins the best "weekend car" for me, which is what I would use a mustang for.

Walking Tall

Reaction score
For a DD? Coyote hands down. I've driven a few Terminators and love them. I love my New Edge Cobra (It is a super high mileage car that needs some work) but there is no way I'd DD it.

Keep in mind that if you bought a Terminator, you'd start upping the boost and adding things left and right. You would end up doing what most of us do to our cars and mod them to the point of them not being reliable and becoming more and more uncomfortable.

DD: Coyote
"Cooler' car to build and weekend: Terminator

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online