Testing the waters on building 4.6 turbo kits.. interest?

97blackgt

Reaction score
any idea on price estimates...?

i would be very interested in everything except the power section

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Everything except power section,
probly looking around.. $1900 w/o intercooler.. $2100 w/ intercooler

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
OK say I want the whole kit and ca-boodle. It comes with EVERYTHING I need to install it, minus the fuel system? Then I have to get things like a MAF and stuff?? What all will I need to buy, after I buy your kit?

Hicks

Reaction score
wow... never seen a kit like on the engine and the engine outof the car,

Does all the exhaust like... go.... to the turbos? er? >.<

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
My deal that i was working on to get large discounts on purchases of multiplet items fell thru, so i have decided that i will not be selling complete kits. Reason being is, i would have to search for the best deal on the parts and then buy them personally then sell them to the customer at the same price or slightly elevated prices. So in order to keep these kits as cheap as possible, I will only be selling the hot sections w/ headers, cold section piping w/ couplers and T-bolt clamps and intercoolers (intercoolers will be optional).

Doing it this way, the customer is able to choose any make and size turbo they want for their power level and decide if they want to run cheap wastegate and bov's or spend the extra $$$ for the higher priced units.

Basically its saving me time by only having to know what size wastegate you plan to run, and welding on the applicable flange.

Then all you will need is : turbo, wastegate, bov, fuel pump, injectors and lines for the oil feed and return.

I'll also offer options as in premade oil feed and return lines w/ the applicable flanges and fittings needed for them to be installed.

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Hicks said:

on the single turbo setups, yes both banks of cylinders go to the single turbo. and then w/ a single exhaust which is split into dual exhaust. With twin you have 1 bank of cylinders feeding 1 turbo and the other bank feeding the other turbo.

Hicks

Reaction score
Thomas_W said:
Hicks said:

on the single turbo setups, yes both banks of cylinders go to the single turbo. and then w/ a single exhaust which is split into dual exhaust. With twin you have 1 bank of cylinders feeding 1 turbo and the other bank feeding the other turbo.

wow... so with 2 pipes 1 turbo could probly pump out who knows how much force..
wouldnt you lose power by going with 1 pipe eatch?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Hicks said:
wow... so with 2 pipes 1 turbo could probly pump out who knows how much force..
wouldnt you lose power by going with 1 pipe eatch?
thats why you use smaller turbos when you go TT

Daywalker

Reaction score
Damnit, I'd love to buy a complete turbo kit for $3500-$4000. Oh well, the search continues..... :(

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Daywalker said:
Damnit, I'd love to buy a complete turbo kit for $3500-$4000. Oh well, the search continues..... :(

If you buy my hotsection you can still find a turbo, wastegate, BOV and fuel system stuff for less than $1500

97blackgt

Reaction score
i thought the whole kit was going to be 1500-2000 for everything, turbo, intercooler, bov, ect?

so its gonna cost 2000$ instead just for the piping baciusally?

OP
OP
T

Thomas_W

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
i thought the whole kit was going to be 1500-2000 for everything, turbo, intercooler, bov, ect?

so its gonna cost 2000$ instead just for the piping baciusally?

i never said that... I can't even get the materials to build a kit for that.

Quote from first post:

"What would all you 96-98 Cobra/GT guys think of a Single Turbo hot section for $1500 w/ tubular headers, and complete kits w/ a T-70 or 60-1 turbo for $3500-4000 minus fuel system?"

there is no mention there of complete kit for $1500-2000.

From a later post:
"Everything except power section,
probly looking around.. $1900 w/o intercooler.. $2100 w/ intercooler"

that basically includes all of the piping and couplers needed. All you have to supply is, wastegate, bov, turbo, fuel system, tuning software and the hoses to hook everything up.

Once again, these prices aren't set in stone yet as i ahve to make sure I can borrow my budddies car to do the initial mockup on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online