Thanks for having me

smitdavi

Reaction score
Proud owner of a 1995 Rio Red GT Convertible. Believe it or not this was my grandmothers car. I bought it from them in August. This car holds a lot of sentimental value as I got to drive this car, wash/wax, take this car to prom, etc when I was younger. When they asked if I wanted to buy it, of course I had to say yes. Better yet, the wife always wanted a red convertible.....which made the decision all the much easier. Currently has 103K on the odometer. It needed some TLC when I bought it a few months ago as it had been sitting for 5 years, thankfully in a garage though. Have spent a lot of late nights tinkering to bring back the beauty. I purchased a da polisher and went to work on correcting the paint that was an absolute swirl fest. That Rio Red now has a beautiful, deep luster. Fixed all the little interior wear and tear issues including painting the faded speaker grills and headliner, reattaching loose vents, replacing the broken door inserts, fixing the plastic in the gear selector opening, etc.... The list could go on forever. The next big project on the interior is replacing or recovering the back seats. The rest of the build list looks like this:

New control arms and bushings
New ball joints
New tie rods
H&R lowering springs
Cold Air Intake
New Headlights
New Top (picture still shows old top)
Gloss black FR500's 18x9/18x10 with Sumitomo Rubber
Rebuilt window motors

Future plans include 3.73 gear and possible a GT40 setup.

image1_zpssul4toik.jpg

image2_zpshtamgrzl.jpg

IMG_3103_zps2kds3pwc.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsdsh0dnrt.jpg

blackdemon007

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.
Looks like you have a real attention to detail!

PinkieT

Reaction score
I find nice back seats in my local pull-it-yourself parts yard. Good hunting!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online