The 1997 V6 to Terminator swap

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Supercharger removed for J2 flow mod and so I can install the engine support brace so I can drop the k member.
139d604232ddd75a362a44244e1e4221.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
I ended up getting a great deal on some Bassani mid length headers so we installed those today and started the new k member installation. This MM piece is very nice and lives up to the reputation. Install is going smooth. It’s in and the wheel base is set. Just ran out of time to get the side to side squaring up accomplished. Moving along nicely though!
49d0059c4dd83a1da2c7db084e7eca04.jpg

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
I’m still waiting on back ordered a arms and shocks/struts to come in so but this stuff arrived just fine. I’m relocating my oil filter because of the MM k member and I have a new power steering cooler and a bunch of AN stuff to replace a good chunk of the PS lines

Oh and some aero catches to replace my Hood pins

3f9ff1977c7fcf52ecea2eb1fc1dc88e.jpg

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Temps hit over 70 degrees so I did some painting today. Got the rust of my rotors and painted the hats and vents. Also painted my supercharger and tb plenum. The plenum was flat black and the blower was silver so now they’re both satinish black.

I also got all the fittings I needed so I hooked up all the AN power steering lines. This actually went smoother than I expected!
f5b2f69df3145bceeead8c28b4f1b74c.jpg
5e087f5afc3b67b4daa221e7503f82f9.jpg
5778db915a20757b129279e6eb80ba7b.jpg

The last piece of my coil over puzzle will be here tomorrow. The rear springs. I got the front assembled and went to start the front end but I forgot I have to bring the spindle somewhere to get drilled out for the bolt through bump steer kit

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Got the front suspension and engine bay put back together. MM sent me another set of front springs instead of the rears so I didn’t get it on the ground like I had hoped but it’s moving along nicely. The goal is to get to a car show next weekend so fingers crossed!
6ffbf9cc5a1c859aac64551e6be888d0.jpg
032bb65196e72f3a30893689297a4c26.jpg
df2a8cbb7fa9da96b0156dc78c6852de.jpg

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
If i was a judgemental bastard,....Judging by these pics,....this car is gonna rock!

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
The rear coil over springs came in and I got the car on the ground so I could start setting the ride height and get an eye balled alignment. I got it on the ground and my excitement was short lived. I have a problem with my drivers wheel sticking out more than the passenger side. Along with that issue I have to have my camber adjustment full positive on the passenger side and full negative on the drivers side to the the wheels to have about the same camber. This is obviously a problem. My first thought was the k member shifted when I tightened it down so I hung some plumb bobs again and measured and it was still dead on. I messed around with alignment adjustments for a bit and eventually decided to try to move the k member left or right but there isn't much room to do that in either direction. It wasn't enough to get it much better so now I'm waiting for a reply to my email to MM about the possibility that something could be wrong with my k member. I don't want to think that there is but I'm not sure what else it could be.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Don’t despair, it could be “simple”. Ok, I installed my MM K-member setup last year and had an issue with the front control arms being out of spec. Apparently, there was a bad batch of FCA that left MM. Had several conversations with @JackHidley, he has me take measurements and a few other related tasks and absolutely nailed the issue, sent out a replacement set of FCAs and included return shipping for the junk set.

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Thats good to know that they have such good tech assistance. I didn't take them for the type to deny there could be anything wrong with their product but I've dealt with companies like that in the past and it makes my blood boil! I'm going to give them a call tomorrow and go from there. Hopefully its something simple like the issue you had!

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
So I spoke with an engineer at MM and he said the K member couldn't be off that much because the way its made it would be impossible. He thought possibly my FCA's were not the same but I ruled that out today by taking some measurements. They're the same length so Im stumped. I emailed back with my findings so I should here back soon if theres anything else I can check. MM has been really helpful so far its just a time consuming process. This whole thing just really has me stumped because I didn't have this problem with the stock or Team Z K so I don't think it can be something wrong with the chassis

SnakeBit!

Reaction score
do you still have the team z K so that you could take some measurements from that one to compare to the MM K?

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
do you still have the team z K so that you could take some measurements from that one to compare to the MM K?

Unfortunately I don’t. I sold it. The guy that bought it offered to help so that’s a good idea to hit him up before he installs it.

Deceptive GT

Reaction score
Was the wiring issue with the door harness due to the Cobra Harness being for a Mach460 system? Or what exactly was the issue?

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Was the wiring issue with the door harness due to the Cobra Harness being for a Mach460 system? Or what exactly was the issue?

The issue was 94-98 have different lock actuators and the harness connectors are different where the door and chassis harnesses meet. The second issue I ran into was my main harness is from a vert and I grabbed a coupe harness from the junk yard. The vert connector is larger to accommodate the extra set of power windows in the rear. I just swapped the chassis side of the harness to a coupe connector and terminated the additional wires

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online