The 1997 V6 to Terminator swap

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Looks great man! Awesome project! I am also from MD, up in Cecil county.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thanks man! Your car looks real clean! hopefully next year Ill make it out to some shows and meets in the area

1bad95

Reaction score
Thanks man! Your car looks real clean! hopefully next year Ill make it out to some shows and meets in the area
Thanks man! Good luck on the build!

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Did a little work this morning.. I modified my lower radiator mount tabs so I could install the radiator. Got the AC condenser installed and its brackets welded in. Next up was the GT500 heat exchanger. I lucked out for not measuring before I bought it... It fits perfectly. I have it mounted for now but I have to install some spacers to move it closer to the radiator so the bumper clears. Now I can start running brake lines and Ill know they won't interfere with anything later on. My G2 caliper paint came in today so I can get those painted and installed too. It exciting to see this pile of parts finally start to look like something!
LKC6aK0.jpg

1bad95

Reaction score
Looks great! I need to get one of the tubular bumper support/ intercooler guard for mine maybe this winter. Just cut up the stock steel bumper for now

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
It doesn't look like much, but I have all the wiring minus the dash installed. Also installed the hvac box, pedals, master cylinder, and some a/c lines. Over the next two weeks I'm going to work on getting the dash in and I have to make the convertible 03 door harness work with my 97 coupe doors. I just ordered some parts from ICT Billet to make a head cooling mod too. On the motor I'm going to start taking all the accessories off to get to the bridge and timing cover. I'll be visiting family in August and my wife's grandfather has a small powder coating set up in the garage so Ill be doing my valve covers, timing cover and some misc stuff. When I get back Ill be installing them along with new seals/gaskets everywhere I can. I don't want to deal with leaks anytime soon! My T56 input shaft also has a little bit of side to side play so Ill be putting the 26 spline in when I get back too.
DCvNrZp.jpg

97_281gt

Reaction score
I've always wanted to do this swap so I can call my car the fobrainator

Sent From Your Moms Phone

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Fobrinator, thats a pretty sweet name for it. Ive been tossing around the idea of vanity plates. I know its probably not very original but I was thinking T3RMN8D if it isn't already taken in MD. Obviously in reference to the swap and the 3 and 8 in there are a little throw back to the cars 3.8l beginnings

97_281gt

Reaction score
I was thinking for me if I ever did it i would get a set of those custom cop covers that say it

Sent From Your Moms Phone

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Been plucking away some small stuff and ordering more parts. I pieced together this head cooling mod for about 100$. ICT Billet makes the aluminum pieces for $68 and then I bought to AN fittings and hose from them as well. Its a well built piece and I'm happy with it for the price!
RTT5BKC.jpg

I swapped the dash pad over to the cobra dash frame/wiring. Got that installed today but left the steering column and airbags out for access to wiring and room to run gauge wiring later one.
20O3uOP.jpg

I also got the front suspension/brakes mocked up. Going to start working on brake lines, new power steering cooler and lines, and the heat exchanger lines during the rest of the week.
xQZsKDH.jpg

Also, couldn't find our cat for the longest time today.. apparently she approves of/has claimed the cobra seats
exltamz.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online