The 1997 V6 to Terminator swap

Nighttrain

Reaction score
Nice. Is the hose big enough to flow the right amount of coolant? I know its only the one cylinder they had an issue with....is it 3/8 or 1/4 in you got there.

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Finally cleaned out the last bits of the 03' so I could get the wifes Explorer in for brakes, oil, belt and tire rotation. Its was a tight squeeze with two cars and parts thrown about everywhere but now that that is done I've got the Mustang moved over and a table set up with all the parts of the motor. Been cleaning all that up and getting ready to pull stuff for powder coat. Going with Ford blue wrinkle valve and timing covers and semi-gloss black brackets. Pretty excited to see that all come together
su51KEu.jpg

gFVhRhp.jpg

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
im curious to know your fitment/bracket used for those 14in gt calipers/rotors

The rotors are actually GT500 rotors. Same diameter as the 15+ GT but the difference is here. Top is the 15' measurement and the bottom is the GT500 measurement. Idk what they call that on rotors? Offset?
r8R4GXT.jpg

Here is a top and a back shot of the bracket. My friend made it on a mill machine manually I believe. With a CNC it would be much easier Im sure. I need to put washers on the bolts too but I just put them on for fitment.. still have to take them back off to paint them.
RmBCZKx.jpg

Tizgn2Y.jpg

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I love how clean everything is, and the cat picture is funny.

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comments everyone! Getting everything this clean has been a task but it helps that a lot of the parts going on are new but the engine has kept me busy trying to get that thing clean. I feel like I've been getting so much done this week since Im pretty much off work. Todays project was to cut off the quad shock mounts and clean up this rusty 8.8 from a 98 GT. I actually threw it out a trade proposal on a couple pages for a built IRS for my soon too be built SRA. We'll see where that goes.

QTJmZiW.jpg

9XPk8tQ.jpg

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Since I want this to be a good street car I've been working on modifications to keep this thing cool since from June-August its so hot and humid in MD. I don't want to lose all my powah because my timing get pulled from high IAT's. The GT500 intercooler has at least twice the capacity over stock and since my intercooler reservoir tank was cracked Ill need to get a new one. Ive been thinking about getting a 5 gallon fuel cell and putting it in the trunk as my new reservoir and Im also considering relocating the battery to the trunk. That would put a little weight on the rear end while taking some off the front. Anyone done this or have any thoughts about it?

neverenuff

Reaction score
Since I want this to be a good street car I've been working on modifications to keep this thing cool since from June-August its so hot and humid in MD. I don't want to lose all my powah because my timing get pulled from high IAT's. The GT500 intercooler has at least twice the capacity over stock and since my intercooler reservoir tank was cracked Ill need to get a new one. Ive been thinking about getting a 5 gallon fuel cell and putting it in the trunk as my new reservoir and Im also considering relocating the battery to the trunk. That would put a little weight on the rear end while taking some off the front. Anyone done this or have any thoughts about it?
Great progress with the car! Always wanted to do a termi swap as well. Looks like you have it mostly figured out as with any power adder there is a lot of small pieces. Are you going to port/upgrade the Eaton? If I'm not mistaken it helps a ton. As far as a battery relocation goes, it's best to do it when you have everything torn apart. There is a bunch of info online about it. My saved Web pages got deleted otherwise I'd send you the links. Let me know if you're interested and I'll try and dig them up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
The blower is a stage 3 steig port with a 2.76 pulley on it. It sounds good and felt good when rotating it. I'll probably run it for the first year and then next winter send it out because when I called them for some info on it they said they can do some kind of hybrid port with their latest revision. It probably wouldn't hurt to have it looked over and freshened up as well. I'm hoping it does about 475-500 on the dyno with supporting mods. That will probably be enough for what I want it for but my 5 year goal is to build teksid as I can and put a tvs or M122 on it but that's just more of a plan someday when this motor quits it will be nice to have a slight upgrade for the amount it costs to build a block

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
Picked away some more at cleaning up the motor. I removed all the EGR components and installed me delete plate. Also put the coolant crossover mod on. I like how much cleaner the drivers side of the supercharger is without that bracket and EGR crap. I finally sold my stock hood and bumper so I decided to finish the heat exchanger mounts by adding a 4 inch spacer so it will clear the bumper without cutting. Since I had the hood off the roof of the car I figured Id snap a picture of it too.
P1HBAB0.jpg

J1vkwaD.jpg

TUgLalm.jpg

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
It should clear since it barely doesnt clear the stock hood. From the look of other swaps its just the pulley that pokes through and I think this one is tall enough to clear it. And its a smaller than stock pulley so that helps my case too.

OP
OP
C

cheebs127

Reaction score
The car is going to be magnetic (2015+ Mustang dark grey) and the engine is going to have a mix of Ford blue wrinkle and semigloss black parts

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online