The best Mustang to buy with $23,000

Peter

Reaction score
auto mach then

why the fuck dose it have to be an auto though?

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Well he's taking a step on the wild side and learning manual. Still fixed on the 6 though.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I love manual, I would never drive auto if I had the choice.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94gtstang50 said:
I love manual, I would never drive auto if I had the choice.

I liked my auto in my 98, but im much more happy with my stick in the Cobra :)

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
My auto is ok now with the 4:10's, but I have come very close to doing the swap many a time.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Well, he bought the car, its an 06 V6, dark bule with tan leather interior, shaker 1000 system and a 5 speed. Its purdy looking, we're going driving in it tomorrow. Looking at it, its a nice car for him, he's not really the type I could see working on a car, let alone buying one for it high performance rating. So I guess its a good car for him. Personally, I think its a waste to spend 23,000 on a 215 hp car when you can get a 500+hp one for the same price.

Z28 This

Reaction score
94gtstang50 said:
Well, he bought the car, its an 06 V6, dark bule with tan leather interior, shaker 1000 system and a 5 speed. Its purdy looking, we're going driving in it tomorrow. Looking at it, its a nice car for him, he's not really the type I could see working on a car, let alone buying one for it high performance rating. So I guess its a good car for him. Personally, I think its a waste to spend 23,000 on a 215 hp car when you can get a 500+hp one for the same price.

yeah..but hey whatever floats your boat

Adam

Reaction score
03/04 Cobra hands down. Probably the best Mustang ever made. Runs 11's with slicks, responds to mods like no other (can put down 500rwhp with less than $2000 worth of bolt ons). 6-speed tranny, 3:55 gears, internals that will handle 20+ lbs of boost, and well over 650rwhp. None of the other Stangs can hold a candle to it. This is opinion only of course. :laugh:

Adam

Z28 This

Reaction score
Adam said:
03/04 Cobra hands down. Probably the best Mustang ever made. Runs 11's with slicks, responds to mods like no other (can put down 500rwhp with less than $2000 worth of bolt ons). 6-speed tranny, 3:55 gears, internals that will handle 20+ lbs of boost, and well over 650rwhp. None of the other Stangs can hold a candle to it. This is opinion only of course. :laugh:

Adam

and i 2nd that.....ungodly cars :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Z28 This said:
Adam said:

Adam

oh please, they still cant handle the SRT-4's.................

........ :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Z28 This

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Z28 This said:
Adam said:

Adam

yes the skittles are wayy faster and better :slap: :rollinglaugh:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Z28 This said:
Snakebit said:
Z28 This said:
Adam said:

Adam

hey you know whats really funny?..............the owners of those damn things truly believe that :eek:..... :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Z28 This

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Z28 This said:
Snakebit said:
Z28 This said:
Adam said:

Adam

hey you know whats really funny?..............the owners of those damn things truly believe that :eek:..... :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

yeah there this srt 4 owner around here thinks hes bad as hell...the only reason why they are remotely fast is because there soo fucking light....get this i was in high point cruising and there was this srt 4 packed with 5 people 3 looked big so prolly weighed the same as me...we jumped from a dig i had him and we got to 50-60 and we were even and thats when my car had gears,exhaust :) i eat skittles son

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like this guy wouldn't appreciate a powerfull car anyway, so v6 it is.

Cant beat light weight and AWD for a good launch (on the street)
after that the story changes...
I've seen many a stang pull a scooby, :)

A good frined of mine has a nice one, tuned ect, he spanks corvetts off the line and has
some good stories of middle aged vette owners doing ricer flyby's it's dam funny. , but he respects the Cobras.
He's also late 30's, so not as stupid as these dumb kids we encounter.

Has anyone seen the movie "Joe's GT"
it was posted on SVTPerf and man it's awsome!
pullied GT (Ford GT) whipes his ass with an SRT, very good movie. Highly recommend.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yep the AWD is a BIGGGGG factor in those damn things running the way they do. They can put a couple car length's on you right off the line and then you have to play catch up (unless you can drive and you have sticky tires ;)) And yea most of the drivers are young punks that don't know shit anyway, but on occasion you will come across a nice guy that isn't a prick and has the respect for the bigger V-8 cars...........but that's rare :-[ They all suck anyway :gtfo:

Z28 This

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Yep the AWD is a BIGGGGG factor in those damn things running the way they do. They can put a couple car length's on you right off the line and then you have to play catch up (unless you can drive and you have sticky tires ;)) And yea most of the drivers are young punks that don't know shit anyway, but on occasion you will come across a nice guy that isn't a prick and has the respect for the bigger V-8 cars...........but that's rare :-[ They all suck anyway :gtfo:

yeah very true..the one i ran in highpoint we were at a stop light and we started to roll when it turned green and i felt he was gonna do something so i kept it in 1st we were at 20 mph when i heard the BOV go off so i floored it and we basically hit it on the same time and i get some damn good power in 1st at 15-20..hehe...so yea...awd cars with turbos are pretty nasty tho..wel depends on the driver

Peter

Reaction score
I honestly think the 03/04 cobra was one of the best cars ever made. Based on price, performance and upgradability. The only problem is the IRS an optional solid rear from the factory would have been awsome but oh well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online